Housing in Pueblo Bavaro

coffejes

Nov 13, 2012
Moving to Bavaro from Elias Pina this summer. Looking for the best sites to browse available housing options. We have used corotos before, but not finding much for rentals in Pueblo Bavaro. Any other good sites used by Dominicans? Not interested in a tourist property. Obviously the best way to go about it is visiting the location and seeing the options for ourselves, but would like to get a feel for the area between now and then.

$400-500 monthly, 2 or 3 bedrooms. TIA.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Moving to Bavaro from Elias Pina this summer. Looking for the best sites to browse available housing options. We have used corotos before, but not finding much for rentals in Pueblo Bavaro. Any other good sites used by Dominicans? Not interested in a tourist property. Obviously the best way to go about it is visiting the location and seeing the options for ourselves, but would like to get a feel for the area between now and then.

$400-500 monthly, 2 or 3 bedrooms. TIA.

The monthly is the exact reason I don't own RE in that area.. One would never recoup investment... Nothing against the OP, Id do the same as you.. 400 a month for a 2 bedroom... insane... You can also rent a nice 2 bedroom in CORTECITO for 600 a month.. There are hundreds of drunk vacationers who have bought condos in the Cortecito area DESPERATE to rent to you... Its a renters paradise..

coffejes

Nov 13, 2012
And this is actually a higher budget for the area. Some of the 2 bedroom rentals are going for $275-350 per month, they just aren't big enough for our needs.

But, this is what you get for being off the beach and out of the way of tourists.

How do I get in touch with the drunks of Cortecito? Haha.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
And this is actually a higher budget for the area. Some of the 2 bedroom rentals are going for $275-350 per month, they just aren't big enough for our needs.

But, this is what you get for being off the beach and out of the way of tourists.

How do I get in touch with the drunks of Cortecito? Haha.

Contact any RE agent... in that area example Dr4 sale.. Oh yes they might advertise higher, but the fact is you can rent a clean and decent 2 bedroom in CORTECITO for what you are looking for... it only takes the buyer 45 years to get their investment back. if they are lucky...lol

Jan 7, 2016
Pueblo Bavaro looks good in the YouTube video, but in reality is very run-down with pot-holes in the streets that will destroy your car or truck. Depends on what you're used to dealing with.

coffejes

Nov 13, 2012
The idea of being able to afford something in el Cortecito is appealing the more I think about it. We would be able to walk to most places instead of driving. But - can anyone speak to the culture of the area? Mostly long term residents or all one week spring breakers? Those are two very different things and create drastically different atmospheres.. Again, we need to visit and spend some time there, but any feedback between now and then is appreciated.

Jan 7, 2016
A lot of North Americans and Europeans come to el Cortecito and Los Corales in the winter months and rent for 2-5 months straight. A lot of the owners will NOT rent to "spring breakers" due to the amount of damage and noise they create. Many agencies have policies against this, too.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
The monthly is the exact reason I don't own RE in that area.. One would never recoup investment... Nothing against the OP, Id do the same as you.. 400 a month for a 2 bedroom... insane... You can also rent a nice 2 bedroom in CORTECITO for 600 a month.. There are hundreds of drunk vacationers who have bought condos in the Cortecito area DESPERATE to rent to you... Its a renters paradise..

What websites can one find these type of long term rentals?

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Just because one or more owners in an apartment complex won't rent to so-called "spring breakers," others will. *And, most of the well known agencies rent to exactly what you don't want, at rates advertised as $500 a week, and up. *I don't know what they actually get.

I first wrote a much longer reply - but deleted it. *Let's just say if you look at Cortecito or any of the other well known areas near it, you are looking at 100 percent tourist culture.

As a side note, many places in Los Corales have domestic water no wants to tolerate - smells awful, unless the complex or individual unit has water treatment. *And, many don't. *So, if you look there, make sure to pay attention to this.