Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After I-130 has been filed now what? Other paperwork?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default After I-130 has been filed now what? Other paperwork?

So after being married in the DR I am now bringing my bride to the states. I mailed off the I-130 w/ all requirements yesterday so now what? What other forms should I fill out? Anything else I need to do?

Thank you!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Was I supposed to file I-864 w/ my I-130?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricky11 View Post
    wait to hear back and they will tell you what to do for the next step and next and next. it took me 2 years from start to finish.
    if you need a no. to call in case you haven't heard anything after awhile it is 603 334-0700
    Wow why so long?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a longer process because your spouse will be entering the US with a Green Card. If you had gone the fiance route (K-1 visa) you would have been able to get to the U.S. quicker but would still have plenty of paperwork to do once you arrived.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent in the I-130, received the text & mail confirmation (I-797c), & call their office just now. They said processing times are running 6 months right now give or take a month. In the meantime, there is nothing else I need or can do to help expedite the process?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tt_er View Post
    I sent in the I-130, received the text & mail confirmation (I-797c), & call their office just now. They said processing times are running 6 months right now give or take a month. In the meantime, there is nothing else I need or can do to help expedite the process?
    6 months is really fast for this process. Be thankful if that is all it takes. There is nothing you can do unless they as you for more information.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tt_er View Post
    Dealing with the govt which ever govt takes time as Windey says if it is only those six months consider yourself lucky.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Got an update today. A letter is supposed to come in the mail asking for evidence. We have tons of proof but any recommendations on this? Thank you!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

6 months sounds correct. Go to www.visajourney.com you can create an acct for free. There are others there that are going thru the same process and it guides you thru the whole process!

10. Likes AnnaC liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

They have really improved the processing time if it is now down to 6 months. More like a year when I did three of them previously.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast