Dominican Citizens Visa Free: List of Countries

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
List of Countries Dominican ciizens can enter visa free( Issued upon arrival,E-visa Online) as of 4/15/16 and updated 4/8/2018

Please double check with the country's embassy you wish to visit before making travel plans

Countries with the following symbols * or #
mean
#(Visa on Arrival)
*(E-Visa Online)

Armenia *#
Bahrain *
Bangladesh
Belize
Bolivia #
Botswana
Brazil - Visa waiver agreement was signed in May 2018 and it is yet to come into force
Cambodia *
Colombia
Comoros #
Cuba* #
Djibouti #
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
English Guyana
Georgia
Grenada
Guinea Bissau
Guatemala
Honduras
Hong Kong
India*
Indonesia
Iran*
Israel
Japan
Jordan
Laos
Lebanon#
Madagascar#
Macau
Malaysia
Maldives
Mauritania
Micronesia
Mozambique#
Montserrat
Nepal
Nicaragua#
Palau
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Qatar *
Russia
St Kitts & Nevis
Samoa
Sao Tome
Seychelles
Singapore
South Korea
Solomon Islands
Sri Lanka
Tanzania#
Timor Leste
Togo#
Trinidad & Tobago
Turkey*
Tuvalu
Ukraine*
Uganda#

Please check with the country’s embassy you wish to visit before making travel plans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Dominican_Republic_citizens

Last edited by a moderator:

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Would be great if you provide a link. Also you can add the countries that Dominican can visit without visa when we have visas from 1st. world countries.

With Multiple Entrance United State Visa in Dominican Passport used previosly.

Mexico.

With Multiple Entrance United State, Canada, and Schengen Visas used previosly.

Aruba
Costa Rica
Curacao
Haiti
Panama
Saint Marteen

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Riva_31, where did you see the information on US multiple entry visas allowing people to visit those countries visa free?

(Of course all Dominicans are really waiting for the greatest visa gift ever, the visa free travel PICHARDO promised is coming to the USA).

Supposedly Russia can soon be added to the list.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Riva_31, where did you see the information on US multiple entry visas allowing people to visit those countries visa free?

(Of course all Dominicans are really waiting for the greatest visa gift ever, the visa free travel PICHARDO promised is coming to the USA).

Supposedly Russia can soon be added to the list.

I visited last september Costa Rica with my Canadian visa, way back I had 5 hrs conection time in Panama and asked if I could go out few hrs and they told me I can but not with 5 hrs conecting time, they acept in our passports those 3 kinds of visas, when I got my Mexican Visa I asked about my friends with USA visas and they told no problem they can go, and they went with no problem. About Aruba, Curacao and ST. Marteen was in news papers in 2014 and is still valid, I asked to PAWA and they told me is correct that information, same for Haiti was on news.

But always is good to confirm with the consulate of the countries we plan to visit and with the airline before buy the ticket, also be careful with the expiration date some countries ruled about 3 months validity some other 6 months validity at the momento of your trip.

This is a pretty accurate list mainteined by few wikipedia contributors. The data is taken from Timatic, witch is the same source that airlines uses to let you board the plane.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Dominican_Republic_citizens

As for using the Us, Schengen, Canadian or UK visas to enter third countries it work like this. They give access to every central american country if they are valid and has already being used. Mexico only accepts US visa (no schengen or uk or canada)

Most caribbean islands can be visited, except Bahamas, the French Departments,st lucia or Barbados. St Martin is a bit of a grey area, the dutch side can be visited with the us visa, the french side not. But theres no border between sides.and the airport is on the dutch side so go figure.

In Europe, future members of the schengen area can be visited with the schemgen visa as long as it is multiple.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
List of Countries Dominican ciizens can enter visa free( Issued upon arrival,E-visa Online) as of 4/15/16
I did my best to be as accurate as possible and got first hand info from Embassies/Consulates
Hope it helps.

Visa Free for stays between 7 days to 180 days and fees between $10usd-$160 usd depending on the individual country and purpose of visit

*(E-Visa Online)

Websites for obtaining E-visas for the following countries

Armenia : www.mfa.am/eVisa/watis.htm
Bahrain : www.evisa.gov.bh
Bangladesh :www.visa.gov.bd
Cambodia : www.evisa.gov.kh
India: www.indianvisaonline.gov.in
Iran: www.iranianvisa.com
Turkey: www.evisa.gov.tr/en
Zimbabwe: www.evisa.gov.zw

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
relevant info in listin diario today:
https://www.listindiario.com/la-rep...minicanos-pueden-viajar-solo-con-su-pasaporte

according to MIREX no visa is required fro travel to:
Corea, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Filipinas, Georgia, Guyana Inglesa, Guatemala, Honduras, Perú, Paraguay, Belice, Botswana ( al sur de África), Israel, Japón, Líbano, Trinidad y Tobago, Turquía, Marruecos, Ucrania y Vietnam.
valid US/schengen/canadian visa make it possible to travel to:
Aruba, Bonaire, Curazao, México, Panamá, Rumanía, San Martín, San Eustaquio y Saba.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
El Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, en su portal, tiene el listado de los países que han suprimido el visado a los dominicanos, empezando por Corea, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Filipinas, Georgia, Guyana Inglesa, Guatemala, Honduras, Perú, Paraguay, Belice y Botswana ( al sur de África).

También pueden viajar sin restricción a Israel, Japón, Líbano, Trinidad y Tobago, Turquía, Marruecos, Ucrania y Vietnam.

https://www.listindiario.com/la-rep...minicanos-pueden-viajar-solo-con-su-pasaporte

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
This is a pretty accurate list mainteined by few wikipedia contributors. The data is taken from Timatic, witch is the same source that airlines uses to let you board the plane.

As for using the Us, Schengen, Canadian or UK visas to enter third countries it work like this. They give access to every central american country if they are valid and has already being used. Mexico only accepts US visa (no schengen or uk or canada)

Actually we can visit all central america countries except for Panama and Costa Rica.

Most caribbean islands can be visited, except Bahamas, the French Departments,st lucia or Barbados. St Martin is a bit of a grey area, the dutch side can be visited with the us visa, the french side not. But theres no border between sides.and the airport is on the dutch side so go figure.

I was in St. Matin with Canadian Visa and I went to the Dutch side to French Side just changing one bus with not issues, make the trip in public transport back and forth and paid just 4.00 dollares.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is there a short list of countries Dominicans can travel to that have non stop flights from the DR?

Reactions: JC171

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Colombia and Cuba would be 2 of them. I am sure there are more, just check the list against Expedia flights for example.

Reactions: Luperon

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
What happened to Chile?

About Chile few years ago we need visa to visit there, but you must apply over internet, is free and you just go to get the stamped visa in your passport to the consulate.

Cuba
Colombia
Perú - With Stop in Bogotá or Panama. Direct Flights from Punta Cana
Paraguay - With Stop in Bogotá or Panama
Quito - Starting October 2 days a week with Condor from SDQ
Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize all with stop in Panama or Bogotá.

Luperon now a flight with 1 stop is consider as direct flight, or do you mean nonstop flight?

Reactions: Luperon

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
About Chile few years ago we need visa to visit there, but you must apply over internet, is free and you just go to get the stamped visa in your passport to the consulate.

So just a wasted day or two to go to Santo Domingo to visit the Chilean consulate to get a stamp that was approved on line?

Chile was the one place in South America I was hoping to visit with my wife until they made it more difficult. I have a friend that retired to Santiago, Chile and he loves it there.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
El Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, en su portal, tiene el listado de los países que han suprimido el visado a los dominicanos, empezando por Corea, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Filipinas, Georgia, Guyana Inglesa, Guatemala, Honduras, Perú, Paraguay, Belice y Botswana ( al sur de África).

También pueden viajar sin restricción a Israel, Japón, Líbano, Trinidad y Tobago, Turquía, Marruecos, Ucrania y Vietnam.

Good news about Morocco!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

Cuba
Colombia
Perú - With Stop in Bogotá or Panama. Direct Flights from Punta Cana
Paraguay - With Stop in Bogotá or Panama
Quito - Starting October 2 days a week with Condor from SDQ
Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize all with stop in Panama or Bogotá.

Luperon now a flight with 1 stop is consider as direct flight, or do you mean nonstop flight?

I mean any country that is logistically feasible. What happens if that stop is in a forbibben country? As long as you stay on plane, it's ok?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I mean any country that is logistically feasible. What happens if that stop is in a forbibben country? As long as you stay on plane, it's ok?

The only country in the World that I know of where you cannot pass through with no Visa for such is the US. Any other country you just stay in the secure boarding area until your flight leaves.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

No, every country has their own rules, Panama let every body transit if is less than 24 hrs and you do not need to get out of the transit airport area to claim your suitcase, can make connecting flights that way.

Frankfurt airport let Dominicans transit without visa.
France 2 years ago announced that Dominicans not need transit visa so you can take a flight with conection in France as Dominican.

Colombia Dominicans can visit without Visa so can connect flights there.

Mexico and Canada give free transit visas, no charges for apply.

But anyway always is better double check all the info with the embassy or Consulate, airlines of each country in the cases, rules always change, like Panama did with the Schengen Visas that now They dont let people visit the country with schangen visas as they did before, now only acepttng, USA, Canada, British and Australian Visas for Dominicans and all the others countries they acepted to enter Panama if they have one of those visas, this rule apply for all countries that they ask for visa to visit Panama