New Dominican License Plate Ploy?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
And for those that "always" say, it happens everywhere", this is one "ploy" that I have never seem in the "everywhere" I come from. The vehicles would be stopped and ticketed.

Been seeing more and more vehicles (cars mainly) in Santiago with the license plates bent up about 90 degrees, making it impossible to read the tag numbers from the rear.

When I first saw this on a vehicle, I just thought it was accidental, but it appears to be turning into a trend here. Mostly the ones I have seen that way are on the public transport cars, maybe the "Union" endorses it. Now just saw one on a white panel truck turning around near my house.

That way when they take off after an accident, no one can get their tag number.

Since many of the AMET officers are on foot, hard for them to stop the vehicles to ticket them. (lol)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Spotted this guy tonight, he doesn't need a Dominican plate, he has a Range Rover , so he's Unico!

10BE9FC7-2228-4010-B35C-97154E228D01_zpson3apmcj.jpg

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Spotted this guy tonight, he doesn't need a Dominican plate, he has a Range Rover , so he's Unico!

Yes, that is another "trend" here in Santiago.

Some are buying those fake Arabic plates from OchoA.
I was driving behind "007" the other day.

People are actually putting them on the back of their vehicles as real license plates.
There will be many duplicates.