Best Place to Eat in Bavaro

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
Having traveled over 60 times to the DR and wife being Dominican (if I can be honest without getting flamed) I have never really liked the food. Fried plantains is about it. Best food I have had is actually Italian in Guayacana, Juan Dolio. So looking for a really good restaurant where I can feed 6 for 5 days in Bavaro. Last time we were in Punta Cana was 2013 and did not find a restaurant to hand our hat.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
La Terraza in Cocotal is Spanish owned with an Italian chef. Cooks very nice Tomahawk Rib Eye steaks on an outdoor grill.

Very nice paella also. Inside AC or beautiful outdoor terrace overlooking a small lake on the golf course.

Another good one is called Marina, next to Jellyfish on the beach. Italian owner, very good langostinos.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Lots of new restaurants have opened since 2013. Would depend on your tastes and price range.

Jan 7, 2016
It depends on your tastes...if some of your party want traditional Dominican fare, then Posada de Gladys may be your choice. If more upscale food is your niche, then Citrus or Noah may be an alternative. Places like the Jellyfish are nice and good for maybe one meal during the time you're here (expensive). There are several "American style" food places at Downtown Punta Cana, including Denny's and Subway. Pastrata in el Cortecito is a decent choice for Mexican fare.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I second Noah (Plaza Paseo San Juan) and Citrus (Plaza Turquesa, Los Corales) - very varied menu and consistently good quality
Casita de Yeya - Dominican - Cruce Coco Loco, about to move across the road to Downtown Mall next to Coco Bongo, where all the fast food places are.
Balicana - southeast Asian, Los Corales, they've opened a place on the beach too, called Canoa
Italian - Venezia (on the main road near Palma Real), Punto Italia (Paseo San Juan), La Tavernetta (Cueva Taina, off Coco Loco), Mamma Luisa and Mediterranean/fusion Acento Bistro (PC Village).

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I second Noah (Plaza Paseo San Juan) and Citrus (Plaza Turquesa, Los Corales) - very varied menu and consistently good quality
Casita de Yeya - Dominican - Cruce Coco Loco, about to move across the road to Downtown Mall next to Coco Bongo, where all the fast food places are.
Balicana - southeast Asian, Los Corales, they've opened a place on the beach too, called Canoa
Italian - Venezia (on the main road near Palma Real), Punto Italia (Paseo San Juan), La Tavernetta (Cueva Taina, off Coco Loco), Mamma Luisa and Mediterranean/fusion Acento Bistro (PC Village).

Damn! You eat a little?

Nice!

Frank

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
I am going to bookmark this on my phone as a reference for when we are there. Thank you guys very much for your advice. And a Dennys???

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013

You don't like Jelly Fish? It seems many do.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you want fresh fish go to Capt. Cooks in El Corcito. But get there around the time they open which is 12 noon. Do not
order anything from the menu, just go to the bin near the cooks and pick out the fish, lobster, etc that you want. They will
weigh it and cook it the way you like.

Right on the ocean and a great view. Ask for Ricardo the waiter and tell him this Ricardo sent you.

Last edited:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010

just my 2cents but we have noticed that NOAHS has really gone down hill in the last 3 to 4 months, they are having serious consistency problems there.. avoid..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Cuts and Grill is also quite good. It's in El Cortecito.

OK place. Looks like they get Angus Rib Eyes like they sell in Nacional. The fries are very good there.

If you like this place you will love La Terazza in Cocotal. No comparison to the beef there.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Why not hire a cook for the week. Should be plenty available. Tell her what you like and skip the restaurants.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
I've ate at Jellyfish many times over the years and have always enjoyed it. The atmosphere is great and the food has never dissapointed. Every American friend or business associate I've taken there has also loved it as well as the Dominicans that have accompanied me there. Great building that reminds me of the architecture back in my home state of California. Maybe that's why I like it so much as I hate Concrete houses with small windows which is the norm here.

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
Why not hire a cook for the week. Should be plenty available. Tell her what you like and skip the restaurants.
This would mean we would have to be on a schedule. Being vacation and family drinking gallons of alcohol this would not be a good idea. We are spontaneous and party with the wind. Now if we lived there then this would be a great idea.

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
El Pollo Borracho def has my vote. Inexpensive and excellent food. Been going there for years.