length of time

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
can anyone tell me an approximate idea of how long a real estate agreement should take...from the handshake to the handing over of keys
thanks in advance

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
When I bought I have the buyer three months. But if a house is already empty it shouldn't be more than a few weeks or so. Also depends on if you need time to get the money arranged.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Enough time for the buyer to check if the title is free of obligations. Shouldn't take long. If you are the seller and the buyer wants to put the transaction date far in the future make sure you get a good separation that he won't get back if he backs out.

deepdiver

Jun 18, 2011
Enough time for the buyer to check if the title is free of obligations. Shouldn't take long. If you are the seller and the buyer wants to put the transaction date far in the future make sure you get a good separation that he won't get back if he backs out.

well it took 3 weeks to sell my house it was a cash sale and the money was in my bank 2 days after I signed the contract

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
as a side note anyone who lives or has lived in zona universitad area...want to share their thoughts on the area