new hotel to be built in las galeras

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Grand Paradise is already in a Perfect Location.. I wonder where this one will be.. Same people.
Sounds Great though.. cant wait to see it.
Las Galeras is my favorite place on the whole Peninsula. Its absolutely perfect in every way possible.
And just getting there along that road from Samana city to Galeras, is like turning the clock back and seeing the DR the way it used to be.
They cant miss. . Wonder how much the rates will be though.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
The ride there is awesome, i tought i was lost, but kept on driving. The resort has a very special feel too it, and the grass lawn on the beach, excellent.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The ride there is awesome, i tought i was lost, but kept on driving. The resort has a very special feel too it, and the grass lawn on the beach, excellent.

haha
My first time there we were driving after sundown by the time we passed Samana City.. kept calling the hotel desk, and they are like sighh , "derecho", keep going, straight..
Ended up literally directly on the beach, cuz of course we missed that last right turn . LMAO ok now what..
that dirt road, man oh man I was like ok, this is it, we are in trouble.. But of course it was all good & the man at the gate was waiting for us already. The next AM it all made sense of course. Very safe place. That white powder soft sand is pure perfection, just dont stub your toes on them rocks.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
take notice invest in semana.......buy 6-10 acres....(how many tarea is that???

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
I absolutely love Samana and the whole Samana Peninsula. My plan is to build my ocean front house there someday when I'm ready to get out of the capital. It's truly beautiful with the palms, mountains and unspoiled look to it. Invest in Samana...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We have a plot of land there, up on the cliffs a little further on from Cala Blanca.

Memo

Jul 30, 2005
Las Galeras
www.elotrowa.com
Well, I suppose that anything is possible. A big new hotel has been rumored for at least the thirteen years I've been in Las Galeras, probably for much longer. There have been community meetings regarding this latest plan, beginning most recently 18 months ago. At that time the opening was slated to be about now, after razing and refurbishing the beachfront area at the end of the main road--but that was before the drought last year when the public water in that pipe under the new road nearly dried up.

Any new hotel--certainly one of any size--will need to solve the water problem, both going and coming. The septic system as the Grand Paradise is a powerfully unpleasant and pervasive odor in times of either heavy rain or many clients, and I suppose another beachfront facility will also face the reality of directional sewage flow...

Look for any new beachfront hotel in Las Galeras to pump sand to improve a beach also.

As for purchasing property, by all means--come on! But investigate carefully, and rent to live as a resident before committing to a purchase. (And don't neglect to spend time during the low season, when a discharged shotgun on main street at high noon would threaten no one.) I've seen some pretty good deals since 2008 and still today as foreigners have come up against the reality of living here, frequently closing at frequently a bit more than half of the original purchase price. Buy one of those properties, do someone a favor. :classic:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Those properties up on the HILL seem to be mostly owned by Germans/ Europeans from what I could tell .. Is it relatively safe up there. Roads are horrible though.
Even with a 4wd Rental, I cant even imagine what its like in the Rain.