air plants how can I get permission to import

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
air plants are innocent plants that live independent and I tried to import and was told by Business mail they could not handle, How do I get permission to important from the United States nursery?

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
absolutely no they are small plants that just need air and water they carry no diseases and have no fruit. I really see nothing hazardous about them. I realize that this country needs to be careful about what they allow to enter this country for various reasons. I just want to know how to get an exception.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
air plants are innocent plants that live independent and I tried to import and was told by Business mail they could not handle, How do I get permission to important from the United States nursery?

I don't know why you'd want to import them. There are tons of them here.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It is probably not worth the time and effort to apply for an import license. If you were a business and looking to import substantial numbers or on an ongoing basis, maybe, but I doubt an application from an individual will be seriously considered. If you are lucky, you might receive a quick denial otherwise the process will probably drag on like so many other processes here.

If these plants are already specifically excluded from importation, then there is your answer. There will be no exception granted. If not excluded, the onus would be on the applicant to show that the plants pose no detrimental impact to the environment and the ecosystem, today, next month and 100 years from now - that would require some serious supporting scientific data.

Generally individuals do not undertake this type of bureaucratic process. Find an indigenous floral option and save yourself the aggravation and the potential consequences of doing an end-run around the rules like the cockroach guy recently.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Getting into Santiago from Navarete there is an area where the overhead wires are covered with air plants for a couple of kilometers. I realize there could well be other types.
Der Fish.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

I don't think that the DR wil allow you to import plants. What is an air plant? I have no idea what you are talking about. I have known people that have brought seeds packets in but no live plants.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Air plants Unusual-Air-Plants-Home-Decoration-Inspiration-Ideas-and-Gifts_03.jpg