Clinton Cash book and Haiti

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
If google is to be believed, it seems the famous "Clinton Cash" book has not been discussed in this site.

One chapter is dedicated entirely to Haiti.

This article summarizes this chapter in Spanish.

You could try google translate or similar, if you cannot read Spanish. For example, you'd get something like:

========================

The book consists of ten chapters, an epilogue. Below we will try to summarize what we understood the tenth chapter, entitled "Disaster Capitalism Clinton style: 2010 effort to relieve Haiti."

On January 12, 2010 an earthquake of magnitude 7.0 on the Richter scale struck Haiti. Although such magnitude is relatively moderate, the earthquake had devastating effects on paup?rrimamente built Haitian infrastructure, resulting in the deaths of more than a quarter of a million people, and the destruction of some 25,000 government commercial buildings or, and 100 thousand homes, leaving a million and a half people outdoors (by way of comparison, only weeks later in Chile it was an earthquake of magnitude 8.8 - which means five hundred times stronger than Haiti - and killed at least six hundred people) .

Soon it was established the Interim Committee for the Haitian Relief (IHRC for short) under the co-direction of Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive and former President Clinton, who since 2009 served as special envoy of Nations United in Haiti.

The IHRC was the important objective of reviewing the possible reconstruction projects and decide which ones would receive funding. According to the Public Accounting Office of the US, or GAO (the "Chamber of Accounts" US) IHRC functions included "coordinating donations, conduct strategic planning, approving reconstruction projects and provide accounting responsibility."

The power of former President Clinton in the reconstruction of Haiti and the distribution of US funds was so massive that many called him the "viceroy" of Haiti. This power was evident when one of his closest personal assistants, Gary Conille, was named Haitian Premier.

However, as expressed by the Economist, the mixture of papers of Bill Clinton as co-director of the reconstruction committee, special UN, former US president, husband of then chancellor of USA (now pre-candidate sent presidential), and president of a foundation in turn involved in reconstruction projects made it impossible to know what interests they defended, and who was subordinate.

Unfortunately, after spending billions of dollars of US taxpayers, although some roads are in much better shape, and a lot of debris has been removed, the reconstruction of Haiti under the leadership of the Clintons has been a resounding and huge failure.

According to the GAO, the IHRC ignored the action plan and priorities for the distribution of funds as had established the Haitian authorities and the donor countries. This resulted in the waste of a lot of money on useless projects. At the same time, friends, allies and even relatives of the Clintons have benefited financially from the failed reconstruction.

Etc., etc.

Last edited:

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
A new documentary film based on Peter Schweizer?s bestselling book ?Clinton Cash? is premiering next month during the Cannes Film Festival. Watch the trailer below. There is a press release about the film.

[video=youtube_share;EVvZ59Se0WA]https://youtu.be/EVvZ59Se0WA[/video]

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Off Topic Post deleted by Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
If Clinton wins buy all the gold you can get your hands on as fast as you can, because the U.S. will be going down and the dollar will be inflated to cover all the debt run up. If elected, she will go down as the worst President in U.S. History with Obama a close second. I was in Port a Prince two years ago and it was an absolute disaster, this after billions and billions of dollars of supposed help. I totally believe this report as I saw evidence of it with my own eyes...

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
"Progressives" are the most corrupt, its well known.. The Left makes its living off of "class warfare" politics, "victimization politics" The left constantly cries "foul", yet its these progressives that are the reason the World is in such bad shape today, financially.
And the Clinton's are one of the best at hiding left wing corruption in Haiti.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
A new documentary film based on Peter Schweizer’s bestselling book “Clinton Cash” is premiering next month during the Cannes Film Festival. Watch the trailer below. There is a press release about the film.

"Hillary Clinton says that when she and her husband moved out of the White House 15 years ago, they were “dead broke.” Today, they’re worth more than $150 million.

In the new documentary “Clinton Cash,” it becomes all too clear how the former first couple went from rags to filthy rich — with the emphasis on filthy.

As the movie shows, the Clintons are political Teflon dons compared with another Beltway power couple, former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife, Maureen.

The McDonnells were convicted of accepting more than $150,000 in gifts from a businessman while the governor was in office. Meanwhile, the Clintons raked in 700 times that amount — $105 million — under the pretext of speaking fees while Hillary was in public office.

Yet while the McDonnells face time in the Big House, the Clintons are once again aiming for the White House.

The documentary is based on a book by former Hoover Institution fellow Peter Schweizer and was just screened during the Cannes Film Festival. It is set to be shown in major US cities, including Philadelphia during the Democratic National Convention there in July."
More:
First look at explosive Hillary documentary, ‘Clinton Cash’

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
"Progressives" are the most corrupt, its well known.. The Left makes its living off of "class warfare" politics, "victimization politics" The left constantly cries "foul", yet its these progressives that are the reason the World is in such bad shape today, financially.
And the Clinton's are one of the best at hiding left wing corruption in Haiti.

News Flash for Dummies!

They're all playing for the same team

bush-haiti-clinton.jpg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Haiti Official, Who Exposed The Clinton Foundation, Found Dead In Miami

July 14, 2017 Baxter Dmitry

Klaus Eberwein, a former Haitian government official who was expected to expose the extent of Clinton Foundation corruption and malpractice next week, has been found dead in Miami. He was 50.

Eberwein was due to appear next Tuesday before the Haitian Senate Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission where he was widely expected to testify that the Clinton Foundation misappropriated Haiti earthquake donations from international donors.

According to Miami-Dade’s medical examiner records supervisor, the official cause of death is “gunshot to the head“. Eberwein’s death has been registered as “suicide.”

Eberwein, who had acknowledged his life was in danger, was a fierce critic of the Clinton Foundation’s activities in the Caribbean island, where he served as director general of the government’s economic development agency, Fonds d’assistance économique et social, for three years.

According to Eberwein, a paltry 0.6% of donations granted by international donors to the Clinton Foundation with the express purpose of directly assisting Haitians actually ended up in the hands of Haitian organizations. A further 9.6% ended up with the Haitian government. The remaining 89.8% – or $5.4 billion – was funneled to non-Haitian organizations.

“The Clinton Foundation, they are criminals, they are thieves, they are liars, they are a disgrace,” Eberwein said at a protest outside the Clinton Foundation headquarters in Manhattan last year.

The former director general of Haiti, who also served as an advisor to Haitian President Michel Martelly, was also a partner in a popular pizza restaurant in Haiti, Muncheez, and even has a pizza — the Klaus Special — named after him.

According to the Haiti Libre newspaper, Eberwein was said to be in “good spirits“, with plans for the future. His close friends and business partners are shocked by the idea he may have committed suicide.

“It’s really shocking,” said Muncheez’s owner Gilbert Bailly. “We grew up together; he was like family.”

Bailly said he last spoke to Eberwein two weeks ago and he was in good spirits. They were excited about future business plans and were working on opening a Muncheez restaurant in Sunrise, he said.

The Haitian government issued an official notice thanking Eberwein for his service and mourning his untimely death.

“The Directorate General of FAES presents its sympathies to the bereaved families, friends and collaborator that this mourning afflicts. The FAES flag will be flown at half-mast from Wednesday 12th to Tuesday 18th July 2017. May his soul rest in peace,” Charles Ernest Chatelier, director general.

http://yournewswire.com/haiti-exposed-clinton-dead/

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Haiti Official, Who Exposed The Clinton Foundation, Found Dead In Miami

July 14, 2017 Baxter Dmitry

Klaus Eberwein, a former Haitian government official who was expected to expose the extent of Clinton Foundation corruption and malpractice next week, has been found dead in Miami. He was 50.

Eberwein was due to appear next Tuesday before the Haitian Senate Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission where he was widely expected to testify that the Clinton Foundation misappropriated Haiti earthquake donations from international donors.

According to Miami-Dade’s medical examiner records supervisor, the official cause of death is “gunshot to the head“. Eberwein’s death has been registered as “suicide.”

Eberwein, who had acknowledged his life was in danger, was a fierce critic of the Clinton Foundation’s activities in the Caribbean island, where he served as director general of the government’s economic development agency, Fonds d’assistance économique et social, for three years.

According to Eberwein, a paltry 0.6% of donations granted by international donors to the Clinton Foundation with the express purpose of directly assisting Haitians actually ended up in the hands of Haitian organizations. A further 9.6% ended up with the Haitian government. The remaining 89.8% – or $5.4 billion – was funneled to non-Haitian organizations.

“The Clinton Foundation, they are criminals, they are thieves, they are liars, they are a disgrace,” Eberwein said at a protest outside the Clinton Foundation headquarters in Manhattan last year.

The former director general of Haiti, who also served as an advisor to Haitian President Michel Martelly, was also a partner in a popular pizza restaurant in Haiti, Muncheez, and even has a pizza — the Klaus Special — named after him.

According to the Haiti Libre newspaper, Eberwein was said to be in “good spirits“, with plans for the future. His close friends and business partners are shocked by the idea he may have committed suicide.

“It’s really shocking,” said Muncheez’s owner Gilbert Bailly. “We grew up together; he was like family.”

Bailly said he last spoke to Eberwein two weeks ago and he was in good spirits. They were excited about future business plans and were working on opening a Muncheez restaurant in Sunrise, he said.

The Haitian government issued an official notice thanking Eberwein for his service and mourning his untimely death.

“The Directorate General of FAES presents its sympathies to the bereaved families, friends and collaborator that this mourning afflicts. The FAES flag will be flown at half-mast from Wednesday 12th to Tuesday 18th July 2017. May his soul rest in peace,” Charles Ernest Chatelier, director general.

http://yournewswire.com/haiti-exposed-clinton-dead/
Another Arkancide?

Shocking.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
It is so easy to write accusations without any solid evidence , we see it time and time again here on DR1 .It is also so easy to make sweeping generalisations without any good grounds. So it is best to stick with facts .What we do know is that there were many promises of aid to Haiti and that much financial aid did not materialise . The stated reason was that potential donors had been scared off by the misuse of aid . Also I met several Americans who were starting cheap housing projects using money from donors, but these projects were abandoned. Currently, for several more months I have an Haitian from Pentonville working in my home and he has shown me hundreds of photos showing projects that have been abandoned because of mal administration.
The point I make is whether the Clinton Foundation misused funds or got caught when many promised donations did not materialise. I doubt if any one knows here ..I certainly do not .
There is not a shadow of doubt that Bill Clinton made a vast amount of money through public speaking in many different countries .. I have never seen any evidence that he became rich through any illegal way . The worst I can say of Hillary is that she is common ..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So many people associated with the Clintons, and allegedly privy to information about them, end up committing suicide. It must really be a heavy load to bear. At least we know he could not bear to testify against the Clintons next Tuesday. Don't we?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
It is so easy to write accusations without any solid evidence , we see it time and time again here on DR1 .It is also so easy to make sweeping generalisations without any good grounds. So it is best to stick with facts .What we do know is that there were many promises of aid to Haiti and that much financial aid did not materialise . The stated reason was that potential donors had been scared off by the misuse of aid . Also I met several Americans who were starting cheap housing projects using money from donors, but these projects were abandoned. Currently, for several more months I have an Haitian from Pentonville working in my home and he has shown me hundreds of photos showing projects that have been abandoned because of mal administration.
The point I make is whether the Clinton Foundation misused funds or got caught when many promised donations did not materialise. I doubt if any one knows here ..I certainly do not .
There is not a shadow of doubt that Bill Clinton made a vast amount of money through public speaking in many different countries .. I have never seen any evidence that he became rich through any illegal way . The worst I can say of Hillary is that she is common ..

There are plenty of facts available. They have to file tax reports so we are not speaking of monies never received when donors backed out as you surmise but about monies the actually did receive and not use to help Haiti.
Watch the Documentary Clinton Cash. The author/producer sites numerous sources and the majority of his claims are not even under dispute.
http://nypost.com/2015/04/26/charity-watchdog-clinton-foundation-a-slush-fund/