where there are other expats that we can become friends with

Bohatyaor

Apr 27, 2016
Also, where there are other expats that we can become friends with but not live in a totally expat community???

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
The country is very much different these days, the country, the people, everything is far less attractive than 13 years ago.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Also, where there are other expats that we can become friends with but not live in a totally expat community???

Where in the country are you? If near Puerto Plata it is full of AMericans and Canadians. most of us willing to meet up with and associate with new folks, but as the man said start a new thread for this.
Der Fish

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Lots of expats livng on the north coast. Most live in Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete and
the surounding areas. I live in an area with no expats (unless you count the deportees) called La Joya
here in Santiago. Might I suggest when traveling into unfamilar territory with expats... you be careful
as not all of them are trust worthy.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The country is very much different these days, the country, the people, everything is far less attractive than 13 years ago.

So you have met my "Esposa" then????????????????????????????????????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I live between Santiago and Santo Domingo. There are plenty of expats but since they are larger cities we are more spread out. I have met most of the expats I know at the old 5 star in the capitol (now BETCRIS) during the NFL season. You can also see quite a few at Hooters Acropolis Mall on football Sunday.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I like living in a gringoless area, positives and negatives as in any place but when I want to see gringos and the craziness that is Sosua it is an 30 minute drive. Best of both worlds for us.

Did you move? Is it "gringoless," or does it simply have less gringos, lol?

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Why be friends with expats ? There are lots of Dominicans who would love to be your true fren