Outrageous price for iron supplement at pharmacy

joseph01

Jun 21, 2010
Why does a 100 pill bottle of ferrous sulfate that cost 12$ in canada cost 5000 pesos in cabarete?......

Thats over 10 times the price in canada. Anemia is a frequent problem in a country that has poor nutrition, and should not be overpriced for the population that is below the poverty level.

Is this common in the DR?

Oct 2, 2011
Peravia, Bani
Boticas populares del pueblo

Why does a 100 pill bottle of ferrous sulfate that cost 12$ in canada cost 5000 pesos in cabarete?......

Thats over 10 times the price in canada. Anemia is a frequent problem in a country that has poor nutrition, and should not be overpriced for the population that is below the poverty level.

Is this common in the DR?

30 Dominican cents for 300 mgs the tablet

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I saw a bottle of tums that sells in the US for $5 or less priced at over 2,000 pesos at the pharmacy at Punta Cana Village. Of
course there is no price listed on them. You get whacked when you check out.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i have a colmodo who buys any over the counter tablets from me...and he is happy to do so....he sells them out of the bottle/as the pharmacists do.
it is not a big hustle but i noticed that he sells them cheaper than any other competition...over the counter stuff...i bring (originals)receipts and we double it and add some....i think it is 150%...
i have brought comdoms...aspirins/johnson and john q/tips... but mainly otc.tylenols etc..
but now iron tablets