LT to LG Driving Time

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Can anyone tell me approximately how long it should take to drive from Las Terrenas to Las Galeras?

Also how many KM's or miles is it ?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Can anyone tell me approximately how long it should take to drive from Las Terrenas to Las Galeras?

Also how many KM's or miles is it ?

About 60 km...there is a sign giving you exact distances on the road just outside LT....my recollection it is high 50's

40 minutes to Samana is the normal time it has taken me and about 30 minutes onwards to LG.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
To get to Las Galeras you will come down into Samana City. Follow the main road through town along the Malecon and the bay on your right. Continue straight and you will start going up the hill as the road curves. Just stay on this road and keep going until you literally get to the end in Las Galeras. If you go there it is worth taking a side trip to Playa Ricon. It is about 2/3 of the way to Las Galeras. You turn off the main road and drive another 20 minutes. The beach and mountains that surround it are more like something out of the South Pacific than Caribbean. Good luck and good travels.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I have gone from LT to Samana City via El Limon (look up on the map), that was also a pleasant trip, the road is good, but watch for people crossing the road and drive carefully...

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Shortly after you take that road uptowqrds las galeras, watch out for that tricky curve.
My car almost rn on two wheels making that turn too fast.