Traveling medication

Diablochula

May 12, 2016
Hello everyone , so I am traveling to the Dominian republic for vacation in 2 days.But my doctor is not around the city at the moment.i currently had surgery. My doctor prescribed me oxycodone 30MG , at the moment I only have 14 tablets left .i can't sleep at night due to the back pains .since am traveling does the Dominican Republic offer oxycodone 30mg ? . Would it be the same name and should I bring my medication bottle when I see a doctor in DR ? . Thanks amigos ☺️

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i dont think so ...your dr. is supposed to give you enough for x # of days...wean yourself off and keep a few for worse times...

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Really? That medication dosage doesn't come any stronger. You are obviously in too much pain to travel. Stay home until you have recovered. No doctor who cared at all for their patient would prescribe that dosage for longer than two weeks. As you well know, Oxy is extremely physically and mentally addictive.

If you are intent on travelling, see another doctor at home, explain the situation, and they will prescribe something else for you to take when your drug of choice has run out.

Oxy, fun times, but at a real cost...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We've discussed this several times - it is not available in DR, except [maybe] in hospitals. The strongest painkiller you will find is Tramadol.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
If you are in that much pain they probably will notice it and not allow you on the airplane. But how long are you planning on staying that 14 pills won't carry you?
This another of those threads we have every month or so. Though many pills are available here without prescription we are told by those who have looked for them that your drug of choice is not available here.
Der Fish

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello everyone , so I am traveling to the Dominian republic for vacation in 2 days.But my doctor is not around the city at the moment.i currently had surgery. My doctor prescribed me oxycodone 30MG , at the moment I only have 14 tablets left .i can't sleep at night due to the back pains .since am traveling does the Dominican Republic offer oxycodone 30mg ? . Would it be the same name and should I bring my medication bottle when I see a doctor in DR ? . Thanks amigos ☺️

You probably won't be given a prescription for this in the DR, unless you bring the prescription with you to a local doctor and get a checkup and explain your condition. I would think that your doctors office might give you additional pills if you explained your travel plans, however DRs. are under a lot of scrutiny prescribing addictive pain meds. Your chances of getting this in the DR is slim to none.