super modern new gym. Smart fit

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was lately feeling lazy and weak because I had not stepped foot inside a gym in about 5 years. I was enrolled in gold's gym in santiago and had used the santo domingo branches for some time.
A week ago I was ready to join the gym again but to my surprise, I found gold's gym prices to be very high as compared to santiago's. but i was in the mood to join anyway. I also looked into a local chopo gym with no a/c or even a clean bathroom. I was desperate and I wanted to join. Body shop was also very expensive so I had decided to join gold's gym. In reality I was not even crazy about gold's gym either as it's always full and the establishment seems small and comes with very dark ambiance for my taste.
As I was stepping out the door one of the secretaries from the clinic told me about a new gym in town, called Smart Fit. It's on 2nd floor of Supermercado Bravo on Churchill and they have another location in a different area as well. I chose the Churchill location and went in for a peek. to my surprise, the gym was very modern and huge. it had huge windows to let in the sunshine and a/c worked like a charm. the machines are super new and modern. the place is huge so it never seems full to the max with people. Best of all, the price is perfect for my budget. 990 pesos / month. 3000 pesos for inscription. and 2000 pesos / year for maintenance fees to keep the equipment in perfect working order. if you do the math over a year, turns out this gym was even cheaper than the chopo dominican gym I had looked at earlier. It's way cheaper than gold's gym and much better in appearance. I have been there everyday for a week and I feel great. this is the gym I had been waiting for. go check it out.
AZB

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I have used smart fit for about three months last year. It's a very good option. I don't like gyms so ended up canceling my plan again (happily I was part of the pilot group to use it the month before they opened and didn't have to pay inscription).

Now they are in La Romana as well, Sambil, Mega Centro, Bravo Arroyo Hondo and I think they will also be at the new mall on Nunez de Caceres / Romulo Betancourt.

jackfi

Mar 31, 2013
I've been using Smartfit Churchill from the very beginning. The gym is good, especially now after they brought some squat racks. For my standards it is often too full though. It would help if chopos wouldn't come there just to socialize and reserve the equipment for nothing.