Anyone travelling to the US from the DR between May 14 - June 6?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Looking for someone who would be able to hand deliver a very small, light prepaid pkg to a UPS office anywhere in the USA. Package contains a delta faucet part to be returned to Amazon. Package will not be sealed so customs can have a look if they want. Weight maybe a couple of ounces.

Someone on the north coast would be easiest to meet up with but if no luck here, I'll consider sending it on the bus elsewhere up to the point that getting the part back to Amazon negates most of the refund. :)

Thx.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Are you on the north coast before you head to the airport or are you already south of here?

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
I am in Sosua and Leaving out of PPlata airport tomorrow afternoon, Saturday. Will send u a pvt email

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It would appear that the arrangements I made yesterday have fallen through. My little faucet part is still looking for a ride to the land of free and the home of the brave.

Can anyone help?

Thx.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I spoke to one of those gentlemen last night and made arrangements to meet today when they were on their way to the airport. I did not receive the call so I assume they forgot, changed their mind or their plans changed. I have a bit of time to see if I can find someone else.

The plan of last resort may be to head to the airport as suggested. That process sounds a bit dogey. I don't need to spend three hours or three days explaining to cash strapped security personnel that it is only a shower faucet cartridge and not a distillation controller for converting liquid cocaine back into solid form. People are funny and I have no doubt some Brugal infused tourist would report me as a security threat while snickering and complaining that the check in line is too long and they need some more entertainment.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hmmmm, one of those gentlemen....

Inspector Clouseau couldn't figure that out.............which one did it, or didn't do it...

Too bad.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I am still willing to take it....but you would have to get it to santo domingo before I leave...24th may

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I fly to FLL on Wednesday 25 May.
You could send me the part via Caribe Tours or Metro to Santiago.

PM me for phone number to put on the package.

HB

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thx. Hillbilly. Now I have two options out of SD. Still looking for someone flying out of Puerto Plata even if after May 25, just to make this a tad easier.