Cabarete and Sosua Election for Mayors

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ilana Neumann in Sosua and Raquel Sierra in Cabarete is what I am seeing based upon the accolades on their Facebook pages.

Oct 11, 2010
Sos?a has not been officially announced yet, and Willie has not yet conceded. His constituents don't seem very happy.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
only about half of the votes are officially counted. in some places the race is pretty close so the final bulletin will bring the answer. in other locations the leaders are ahead of the peloton. in POP walter musa seems to be the winner as alcalde and paliza as a senador.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
only about half of the votes are officially counted. in some places the race is pretty close so the final bulletin will bring the answer. in other locations the leaders are ahead of the peloton. in POP walter musa seems to be the winner as alcalde and paliza as a senador.

Going to have to get a mod involved since this is a discussion on Cabarete and Sosua.:cheeky:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I heard Willy shot a couple of people last night and was in jail. False? I can't find any confirmation online.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Looks like a bit of same same really, here and all over the country, hope Willy puts all this behind him and get on with opening some bars and creating jobs and business here and bring some more much needed tourists to get the place going again - if they let him that is.

6 years of going backwards, would it follow by another 6 years of going further back... ! I hope not.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I just heard (from a reliable source) Ilana has won by a large majority.

So who do you believe?? lol
I just saw this that was posted an hour ago!!!!

By Milton Camacho

Sos?a. - Missing only 68 schools to compute the current mayor Ilana Neumann maintains 40.92 percent , beating Wilfredo Ol?vense , PRSC closest contender , who has a 39.23 percent. While Melania Guzman, PRM , which only gets an 19.34 percent.

In the last issue newsletter 2 JCE no mention was made of the municipalities of Sos?a and Montellano , so it is estimated that the delegates of the various parties remain at the headquarters of the Municipal Electoral Board until there is a definitive result .

Also, The PQDC obtained 0.13% , UDC , 0.22% , FNP , 0.09% , Alpais , only 0.17% .

These results were issued by the central board in the bulletin number 3 generating great excitement in the Sosuense population, which places it as the winner according to reports reaching the drafting of Information Network .

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I just heard (from a reliable source) Ilana has won by a large majority.

You're reliable source is very wrong. Police were just sent in to cool down what could turn into a riot in front of the election office where El Chamo mysteriously jumped ahead of Ilana, but no one seems to know where the votes came from. (from a policeman who was just called in to head into Sosua)

Oct 11, 2010
maybe you are right. i can still hope, no? :cheeky:

Too bad you don't live in Sos?a, the show goes on.

I decided to take the afternoon off and go over to Pedro Clisante to have a cold beer and to observe and listen to the commentary about the results so far. After all it is "ground zero" for one of the candidates and his constituents.

All I can say is this: observing election day here, watching the electioneering (vote buying), and speaking with many of the participants in the process --- worth a day off.

Watching, what is going on right now, waiting for the final results to come in for the race for mayor here in Sos?a --- PRICELESS

This is far from over here in Sos?a and really starting to get interesting . . . I'm heading over to see what is going on at the "election office" school now since I was writing this as DavidZ just posted.

Yes dv8, hope springs eternal . . .

P.S. - I'll post some photos.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
definitely post pictures. i'd be out and about but my car is being fixed and as an extra bonus we have a bunch of workers all day long.

Oct 11, 2010
Scene outside of JCE 40 minutes ago:

5bs21f.jpg

xly15s.jpg

2yziiba.jpg

The first photo is the street where the JCE office is and it is now closed off but FILLED with people in front of the entrance.

The second photo is a little dark but is a group of seven "guardia" standing together.

The last photo is the FIRST truck that arrived full with "guardia" a second pick-up arrived with several more police.

I counted just on that corner 16 police/guardia, more were arriving, some were out of sight.

The crowd was just starting to gather, it is growing quickly.

I should have taken some photos of the crowd but I could see there were too many people arriving all at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i fixed the photos for you. if you upload through tinypic please chose size as "message boards" from the scroll down menu. all images should be under 100 kb to display fully.

thanks.

Oct 11, 2010
If this doesn't go the way of a certain candidate it is going to get ugly.

I absolutely expected this to happen knowing that the vote count was so close.