vacation rentals in Sosua

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
Hello, any suggestions for vacation rentals in Sosua, walking distance to the action? also, can someone explain the intersections and or roads to where most of the bars and fun are located?

Jul 28, 2014
They are all on Pedro Clisante (the bars), by Pedro Clisante and Dr.Rosen. Cheap place to stay that's really close (stones throw) is Rocky's. Pedro Clisante runs parallel to the highway, next road over (North)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Repoman1-try googling a map of the Sosua area. There are a couple out there that have most of places of interest (like hotels) marked.

I would post one for you to see right here, but I can't from where I am right now.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
v6rrzn.gif

2it6bzq.jpg

30sg70w.jpg

few sosua maps. i'm sure local residents can point what is open/closed, what's good/bad.

SosuaEnVivo

Nov 13, 2014
Las Palmeras Hotel. Formally known as Hotel Don Antonio. Close to action. Bar inside hotel is owned by Matt from Boston. Great guy. Very helpful. Located on Dr. Rosen almost across from Rumbas.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Jul 28, 2014
There is also El Delfin, which is right on the highway at the lights directly across from Supermercado Playero, there you are also a stones throw from the Checkpoint bar, its a nice gringo bar to hang out during the day, with friendly owners that have lots of advice for a newbie, its a haunt of mine...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello, any suggestions for vacation rentals in Sosua, walking distance to the action? also, can someone explain the intersections and or roads to where most of the bars and fun are located?

go on line to VRBO.com, vacation rentals by owner, and you will see a number available, the pricing, pictures and amenities.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
yes, I have been looking at Airbnb.com . many nice places, just trying to figure the location

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
I will be coming to puerto plata in october for 2 weeks. I usually stay in an AI (Iberostar). I have heard there are cheaper places to stay. I am not concerned about food/booze. Just want a clean room with air and decent shower/bathroom. My only concern is security, knowing when i leave and then return my passport and other belongings will still be there. Also to be able to sleep without worrying about any intruders. The price for 2 weeks at Iberostar is about $2300 Canadian. flight/food/booze/security. I am usually outside the hotel in the daytime eating and drinking and enjoying the scenery.
:D
They flight from Toronto is about $600, plus i would have to add taxi fare from the airport to the cost. What would be the cost to rent a decent place for 2 weeks in Puerto Plata, and not far from the malecon?

Thanks for any info.

Bill

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
My only concern is security, knowing when i leave and then return my passport and other belongings will still be there. Also to be able to sleep without worrying about any intruders.
Bill

Try to look for something with metal bars on the windows and doors. That will give you some confidence in staying in the apartment ... outside the apartment follow the rules of how to stay in third world countries.

danytravel

Sep 14, 2010
I will be coming to puerto plata in october for 2 weeks. I usually stay in an AI (Iberostar). I have heard there are cheaper places to stay. I am not concerned about food/booze. Just want a clean room with air and decent shower/bathroom. My only concern is security, knowing when i leave and then return my passport and other belongings will still be there. Also to be able to sleep without worrying about any intruders. The price for 2 weeks at Iberostar is about $2300 Canadian. flight/food/booze/security. I am usually outside the hotel in the daytime eating and drinking and enjoying the scenery.
:D
They flight from Toronto is about $600, plus i would have to add taxi fare from the airport to the cost. What would be the cost to rent a decent place for 2 weeks in Puerto Plata, and not far from the malecon?

Thanks for any info.

Bill

try to go to a gated residence with security 24/7 and you will be fine.If you want some informations regarding some of those send me a private message.