Coca-Cola 2L Special at Nacional

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Just came from Supermercado Nacional in Santiago, Coca Cola 2L is on sale for $32.95 until 21/5/2016.

Expiration date on bottles: 5 June, 9 June and 12 June.
They only last one day here so date was not important to me.

Don

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Just came from Supermercado Nacional in Santiago, Coca Cola 2L is on sale for $32.95 until 21/5/2016.

Expiration date on bottles: 5 June, 9 June and 12 June.
They only last one day here so date was not important to me.

Don

THanks. THis the one near the McDonalds? Does it include the light coke?
Der Fish

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
THanks. THis the one near the McDonalds? Does it include the light coke?
Der Fish

Yes, the one near McDonald's, but I would think it would be on sale at all their stores, at least in Santiago.

I don't drink the "Light Coke" so I did not look, probably not included in special.

The 2.5 L was on sale also, for $64-$65, only a fool would buy it, you would be paying twice the price for 1/2 liter more drink.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
When the Colmado brings me a bottle that has less than a month before expiry I ask for another one. Coke, especially in the big bottles need an expiration date at least a month in the future, else it tastes awful.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
When the Colmado brings me a bottle that has less than a month before expiry I ask for another one. Coke, especially in the big bottles need an expiration date at least a month in the future, else it tastes awful.

I haven't had any problems with regular soft drinks, but definitely with the diet ones when they are close to expiration date.

I took the 12 June 2016 bottles, that's 23 days.
The 4 bottles I bought will be gone in 5 days at the most.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The dominican coca cola is one of the best soft drinks around in my opinion. The dutch version however is way too sweet. (almost like pepsi)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We don't drink any soda in our house, but we do keep it for guests. And, of course, for Mr. AE's Macorix.

Whenever I've seen Coke or Pepsi on sale in La Sirena, all the varieties, including the diet/sugar free, are same price. Best price I ever paid was at Playero in February, I think it was 34 pesos.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Here the can, plastic or glass bottle have all a different taste.... don't ask me why... ?????

The dominican coca cola is one of the best soft drinks around in my opinion. The dutch version however is way too sweet. (almost like pepsi)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Cans used to be imported, so you would get the american taste, but I think since a while Bepensa also 'bottles' the cans, so it could only be because of the tin packaging. The glass bottle I think taste the best because it doesn't give plastic taste.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i like coca cola but try not to drink it because fat. duh. dr peper is my absolute favourite of those deadly drinks, yummy.

we only buy small cans, 19.95 in jose luis. large bottles make no sense for a household of two. this stuff is really meant to be drunk in one go. a can is perfect, 2 litre bottle is too much.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
i like coca cola but try not to drink it because fat. duh. dr peper is my absolute favourite of those deadly drinks, yummy.

we only buy small cans, 19.95 in jose luis. large bottles make no sense for a household of two. this stuff is really meant to be drunk in one go. a can is perfect, 2 litre bottle is too much.

here 20 onzas is it, with a household of 6. I end up drinking all of it, my wife doesn't want to get fat either, and the children only on saturdays....

According to my wife I shouldn't want to get fat either.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's so bad for you yet tastes so good. we reduced it to weekends only because i am not into deprivation. everything in moderation.

ziny

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
it is a great price and I lov seeing peeps buy the bigger bottles I just wonder y?

ziny

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
here 20 onzas is it, with a household of 6. I end up drinking all of it, my wife doesn't want to get fat either, and the children only on saturdays....

According to my wife I shouldn't want to get fat either.
I know men that encourage their wives to chunk up...good reason its your wife....u have to worry less...she can shop for more bigger clothes...keeps her happy shopping...you can enjoy eating out more... and then wife can be busy and spend thousands on gyms, diets, trainers,,,miles around the track ..you be happy watching the game in peace