REGULARIZATION UPDATE "Cedula coming"

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
It looks like there is movement in the regularization program. I have seen 2 documents that indicate that a cedula will be issued .to those in the program

If you were part of the program go to the office you have applied to see if your name is in some kind of list.
the papers that i have seen were from the San Pedro de macoris and one from Higuey office .

the letterhead is from:
Ministerio de interior y policia
direccion general de Migration
Carta contancia para Expedicion De Cedula a extranjeros con residencia temporal

the letter has their DO-# and passport # in it.
maybe a participant who completed the process can give us full details of what's going on.
for those of you who have participated on the threads on this regularization subject before.
Be ready to say " PICARDO WAS RIGHT".

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
IF it's true the first concerned will be those with the ONE year card, because they come at expiration soon. My opinion.

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
At this time the info that I have said that document was picked up at the local office. Then they need to follow up in Santo Domingo. A good idea would be to walk with with new residency pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
derfish got his sticker in the regularization office in POP and that was after someone posted that all matters are handled in SD only. so maybe worth checking in whatever place you applied?

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
the letterhead is from:
Ministerio de interior y policia
direccion general de Migration
Carta contancia para Expedicion De Cedula a extranjeros con residencia temporal

the letter has their DO-# and passport # in it.

You may want to post a readable image of the letter (after making a copy and whiting out personally identifiable information, like names, ID numbers, etc).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Uh Oh... real time information from the Deviate..
Derf got it done in POP.....favoritism !!!!!

found his post about it, from march:

I now have my sticker in my passport. My Dominican lady thinks it makes me a Dominican, I found the page with my Codica unica on it, and went down to the same room that was full about a year ago, but had 4 workers in it 2 of them with their heads down on their desks seemingly asleep. No other "customers" at all. The man addressed me in English better than my Spanish so we went with that. He took my paper with the codica unique on it and put a sticker in my passport, and said I was finished. I mentioned 2 things, one that this is not the same passport that I carried when I was there before, and he shrugged it off without wanting to make a copy of the new one, and I told him I couldn't find the papers which told me of the things I had to do to finish the process. He said he didn't have a copy of that either, so I better look for my copy. My stamp is dated 27/7/2015
Glad to spread any information I have and grateful to all those who have helped me with my needs.

Der Fish

in this thread: http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/156155-Regulazation-program

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A couple of foreigners I know had tried to go through the regularisation process twice, got frustrated and given up, especially after their second lawyer did a disappearing act with their money.
The first lawyer had merely seemed inefficient, but several months later a fellow foreigner advised them to check the list, they did, and what do you know, their cards were ready and waiting for them, I think they had to go to Higuey.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
According to me, there are two case : those that have filled/submitted ALL the documents requiered ; and those like this couple of foreigners and MANY MANY others... that just registered and summited a part of the required parts.....

Surely the things will be different (for the after regularisation) in these two cases, since the gov known for everyone what had been submitted.

Wait and see

A couple of foreigners I know had tried to go through the regularisation process twice, got frustrated and given up, especially after their second lawyer did a disappearing act with their money.
The first lawyer had merely seemed inefficient, but several months later a fellow foreigner advised them to check the list, they did, and what do you know, their cards were ready and waiting for them, I think they had to go to Higuey.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

Their cards as in cedulas? Or the sticker that goes into the passport?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It was mentioned by several people back in the dark days, when some DR1'ers we're having a hard time grasping that the times were changing, not to be surprised if the regularization process resulted in a cedula. It wasn't specifically announced that all would get one, but now that some of those regularizations are beginning to expire, the next step has to be announced. It would be much less of a headache for the DR Govt just to give in and give everyone who applied their cedula. Kind of like a wiping of the slate. Good publicity, a reward for those who made the effort and a smack to those who did not.

Maybe a few new hoops to jump through will appear but I for one am not surprised at the possibility of cedulas and residency for regularized folks. Koodoos for standing in line and applying, move to the head of the class, maybe. We'll see.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Actually doesn't surprise me that they're handing out cedulas. That's the document you need in order to get everything done here as well as work legally (not to mention the only one everyone recognizes). I would assume though that the expiration date is the same as on the regularization document (whatever it's called) that the applicant gets so probably a temporary solution until they get into the temporary residency routine?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'll go a step further and speculate that along with a cedula, the regularization applicants also get temp residency valid for one year requiring renewal every year for 4 years just like all the other temp residencies - a residency that does not require the process to be started in their home country which is what many though the "plan" was meant to achieve. Clearly not enough regularized folks have followed up with residency applications because the Govt failed to publicize this next step and put a process to accomplish this in place.

So now, rather than moving backwards to the starting line again, watch for the one-time immigration "amnesty" to come to regularization stamp near you.

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
You may want to post a readable image of the letter (after making a copy and whiting out personally identifiable information, like names, ID numbers, etc).
Here it is
bd66e405547eb3d92e4dcf44538808ac.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Here it is

It's a letter of no-objection. They are saying they do not object your receiving a cedula, as a foreigner with temporary (non-permanent) residence.

The next steps seem to be:
(1) getting the cedula from the appropriate department of the Junta Central Electoral (JCE)
(2) getting a temporary residence permit from the foreigners' department at the migration directorate (DGM)

(2) should be sought immediately after succeeding with (1).

Notice, I am only reading the letter. I have no first-hand experience with the procedure.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In other words, it looks like a letter telling you to get your temporary residency as soon as possible. (No automatic cedula - apply for residency to get a cedula.).

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
In other words, it looks like a letter telling you to get your temporary residency as soon as possible. (No automatic cedula - apply for residency to get a cedula.).

I read that the cedula comes first (using that letter). Then the residency permit immediately after.

Of course he has already done work towards the residency permit. That is why he got this letter.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It looks like there is movement in the regularization program. I have seen 2 documents that indicate that a cedula will be issued .to those in the program

If you were part of the program go to the office you have applied to see if your name is in some kind of list.
the papers that i have seen were from the San Pedro de macoris and one from Higuey office .

Do you know how the recipients of these letters received them? Did they just happen to go into the local Immigration office or were they sent to them somehow? As far as I know, the tent that served as the Regularizacion office in Puerto Plata is now closed.