Six bodies found in Juan Dolio

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Anyone following this story? First they found three bodies buried, and now three more in a cave in Juan Dolio.

Only one had a cedula and has been identified. He was missing for 22 days, he was a truck/bus driver.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Do you have a source?? I heard about the 3 bodies that were found in Guayacanes, but 6 bodies??? I think that is major news!!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
No, first the bones / remains of three bodies of decades of age. Which I suppose means (wo)men older than 20, but could also mean old bones of people who died decades ago. And now three (identifiable) bodies.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
No, first the bones / remains of three bodies of decades of age. Which I suppose means (wo)men older than 20, but could also mean old bones of people who died decades ago. And now three (identifiable) bodies.

Right. The two findings seem completely unrelated.
One was of decades-old incomplete skeletons, by the beach (it seems a lot os testing need to be done before reliable information about these skeletons is available).
The other finding seems to correspond to 3 bus drivers who recently went missing, and whose bodies were apparently dumped in a natural cave or pit.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Let's repeat that only THREE BODIES have been found. In an unrelated development, three decades-old partial skeletons were separately found.

The newspaper article says there was a band of criminals who targeted bus drivers for their money and the bus. This relates to the 3 bodies.

As for the old skeletons, who knows. Let's wait for the test results.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
For all we know, the "old" skeletons could be from last month. Remember, we live in a tropical country where bodies decompose at a MUCH faster rate than in colder areas. I dont know, I just find it too hard to believe that they found 3 other bodies so close to the bus driver ones and they're totally unrelated. That last part is the one that i'm having a hard time believing and its also kind of hard to believe that those bodies have been laying there for decades and nobody discovered them, not even with all the construction that has beel going on in that beach for the past 20 years or so.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
There are clandestine graves throughout the country where people are "disappeared" to. This appears to be related to gang related extortion similar to what we see in Central America. Having spent time in Guatemala City, Xela and San Salvador it saddens me that Santo Domingo is entering similar territory. I thank my creator and savior everyday for having the circumstances to seamlessly leave and re integrate ourselves into life in America. If they found 3 bodies in a cave we can only shudder at how many are out there missing.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
For all we know, the "old" skeletons could be from last month. Remember, we live in a tropical country where bodies decompose at a MUCH faster rate than in colder areas. I don't know, I just find it too hard to believe that they found 3 other bodies so close to the bus driver ones and they're totally unrelated.

We are simply reporting the information that is available in the newspaper articles. We can of course set our imagination free and speculate.

They are talking about decades-old skeletons. I would hope whoever came up with that figure isn't sufficiently incompetent to confuse a few months with a few decades. There should be significant differences.

Anyway, before alarming, we might as well wait for the official report on the skeletons.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
right. The two findings seem completely unrelated.
One was of decades-old incomplete skeletons, by the beach (it seems a lot os testing need to be done before reliable information about these skeletons is available).
The other finding seems to correspond to 3 bus drivers who recently went missing, and whose bodies were apparently dumped in a natural cave or pit.

ching, ching....

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
The digging continues http://www.listindiario.com/la-republica/2016/05/24/420477/hallan-huesos-de-2-de-7-personas-desaparecidas

Las osamentas de dos de siete personas, la mayor?a choferes de minibuses desaparecidos en los ?ltimos cuatro meses en San Pedro de Macor?s, La Romana y Hato Mayor fueron encontradas por las autoridades en una fosa com?n, donde se cree reposan otros cad?veres, ubicados por dos de cuatro apresados por las autoridades.

El hallazgo y su seguimiento podr?a poner al descubierto una de las redes m?s crueles de robos y asesinatos jam?s conocida en la regi?n Este, en cuyos v?nculos por la caracter?stica de los veh?culos robados, podr?a destaparse una ?caja de pandora? por los sectores que podr?an estar vinculados.