About to Apply for Visitor Visa.....Does who I know have any influence over Approval

mboydii

Mar 1, 2011
I am in the process of apply for a visitor visa for my girlfriend. I was just wondering if I was to know a political figure in Santo Domingo will that help with the approval chances?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I am in the process of apply for a visitor visa for my girlfriend. I was just wondering if I was to know a political figure in Santo Domingo will that help with the approval chances?

A visitor visa for where? The DR, Canada, USA, Belgium?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The approval comes from the embassy of the country you want her to visit, unless the political figure is connected there I don't see how it could help.

Moving this to the Visa forum.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Sorry, the USA. The person that I know is a dominican businessman / politics

I would highly recommend that you visit www.dominicanstotheusa.com or visa journey.com. Your chances of a visitor visa to the USA is slim to none unless your girlfriend owns a business, a home or property, and has a sizable bank account. Not one of the three.. ALL of the three. Also, Lawyers in this case are a total waste of money. Go to the sites I posted and dive in.. Good luck to you.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
unless they work in the embassy I don't see how or unless they are very high up in politics. I really don't think you need anyones help.Right now they are giving out visas like crazy you should not have a problem getting a visitors . I know 6 people that got them in the last three months. the embassy is packed. I was there 3 times in the last month.

Just need to convince them its for tourism and prove you have the means and plans on your return. if you don't chances are you will be denied.

Last edited:

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
I would highly recommend that you visit www.dominicanstotheusa.com or visa journey.com. Your chances of a visitor visa to the USA is slim to none unless your girlfriend owns a business, a home or property, and has a sizable bank account. Not one of the three.. ALL of the three. Also, Lawyers in this case are a total waste of money. Go to the sites I posted and dive in.. Good luck to you.

visitor visas are easy to get now.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To restate, it is all on the person to prove they will return to the DR. Any connections to the USA are a NEGATIVE..

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
Not in my experience they're not, and I know for sure that D-Mo on dttusa will know the complete up to date situation without doubt.

Mine is up to date. We have a friend that just got one last Thursday. That's pretty up to date. If you keep up with it you will find its easy, plus my daughter is an attorney that does immigration. She says it much easier right now. But that may change after the election in USA.

Visitor visas are not hard to get.

Last edited by a moderator:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Not in my experience they're not, and I know for sure that D-Mo on dttusa will know the complete up to date situation without doubt.

The U.S. Consulate in the DR is giving visitor B1/B2 visas like hot cakes for the past months.

Minimal requirements still must be met.

The reason for this is dual.
The DR will later become allowed to be included on the visa waiver list of countries to the U.S.

The other is due to the U.S. Authorities (DHS) wanting and actually using the DR as a process center for residency applicants now in the homeland, but that will be required to exit the country and deposit their application in a secondary consulate. The DR is now being used to process a workload of these applicants since 90 days ago.

The DHS is also installing customs pre-clearance areas in all Main international DR airports.

The DHS has been granted clearance to the newly installed national bio-metrics database in the DR.

The DR is also providing pre-boarding data from all incoming flights to the DR to the DHS as well.

The no-flight active list has been also shared with the DR in order to track all incoming passengers into the country.

If anybody needs a visa to the U.S. Now it's the time to do it.

All they need is to meet the minimum requirements.

Dominicans renewing their expiring visas will get 10 year renewals for the most part.

Replacing the visa to travel to the U.S. Will be a pre- clearance online document that must be filed with the DHS prior to traveling there for Dominicans.

They are trying to process as many people as possible fast in the DR, so later they can have less workloads on issuing pre clearance travel permits.

You must meet the minimum requirements and that's it.

The change is due to Canada now requiring applicants wanting to follow up on their residency permits in the U.S. To file for a new visa to their country unlike before. Canada will no longer accept temporary permit holders in the U.S. Visa waiver entry to their country to deposit their documents at the U.S. Consulate there.

The DR will now become the new processing center for these individuals if they opt not to return to their country of origin to do so. This also includes refugee applicants.

This is all in agreement with the DR authorities...

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
The U.S. Consulate in the DR is giving visitor B1/B2 visas like hot cakes for the past months.

Minimal requirements still must be met.

The reason for this is dual.
The DR will later become allowed to be included on the visa waiver list of countries to the U.S.

The other is due to the U.S. Authorities (DHS) wanting and actually using the DR as a process center for residency applicants now in the homeland, but that will be required to exit the country and deposit their application in a secondary consulate. The DR is now being used to process a workload of these applicants since 90 days ago.

The DHS is also installing customs pre-clearance areas in all Main international DR airports.

The DHS has been granted clearance to the newly installed national bio-metrics database in the DR.

The DR is also providing pre-boarding data from all incoming flights to the DR to the DHS as well.

The no-flight active list has been also shared with the DR in order to track all incoming passengers into the country.

If anybody needs a visa to the U.S. Now it's the time to do it.

All they need is to meet the minimum requirements.

Dominicans renewing their expiring visas will get 10 year renewals for the most part.

Replacing the visa to travel to the U.S. Will be a pre- clearance online document that must be filed with the DHS prior to traveling there for Dominicans.

They are trying to process as many people as possible fast in the DR, so later they can have less workloads on issuing pre clearance travel permits.

You must meet the minimum requirements and that's it.

The change is due to Canada now requiring applicants wanting to follow up on their residency permits in the U.S. To file for a new visa to their country unlike before. Canada will no longer accept temporary permit holders in the U.S. Visa waiver entry to their country to deposit their documents at the U.S. Consulate there.

T*we he DR will now become the new processing center for these individuals if they opt not to return to their country of origin to do so. This also includes refugee applicants.

This is all in agreement with the DR authorities...

yes my wifes son was turned down 6 years ago but had zero problems this past month. we sat and only one person was turned down in the area we were sitting close to. we could over hear everything they said. Like my daughter says now is the time to get it done. if no one here wants to listen well can't help that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Pichardo, what does the above mean in English?