Clothing optional beaches?????

cdavi001

Feb 10, 2002
We are thinking about a month long honeymoon in the DR. Our question is ar there any clothing optional beaches or small/secluded beaches where we can go. Also, what are the attitudes towards nudity at the beaches? We are thinkg about going to the north coast. Any ideas or comments???

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Optional beaches . . . ?

If you were to do an 'archive key word search' you could read the original messages, many dozen. I wrote this in the context of my Dominican family's feelings on the subject of beach nudity. Also we must differentiate between being 'topless' and total nudity as practiced by some Europeans. A great many (most/all/some) Dominicans frown on the idea of 'topless sunbathing' and total nudity is viewed as a taboo. Some Dominicans will make a distinction between 'sunbathing' and the actual act of swimming. In other words, "what ever" in the water, "cover up" on the beach are the orders of the day. ANY nudity off the beach area marks you as being disrespectful of what decent Dominicans feel is acceptable public behavior, period!

regards,

. . . CES"

_:)_ . . . click on link to read more, --->

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15443

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think Sosua Beach has a great mix between locals and tourists. I have never seen any Dominican frown upon topless bathing. Dominicans, both men and women baths side by side with topless eurpeans without any problems.