Page 3 of 296 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: A lot of businesses closed in Sosua

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Would you like the phone number of a chofer that I PERSONALLY KNOW (NOTE ALL CAPS JUST LIKE YOU!!!!) that is making good money driving cruise passengers?
    Granted he has to pay off two people to be the "chofer" of choice for several excursions.
    Oh, he lives in Sosua, so not sure if you count this homey.
    Great, you know one person from Sosua benefitting, and hes gotta grease people, awesome synopsis...LOL

2. Likes Polar Bear liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Would you like the phone number of a chofer that I PERSONALLY KNOW (NOTE ALL CAPS JUST LIKE YOU!!!!) that is making good money driving cruise passengers?
    Granted he has to pay off two people to be the "chofer" of choice for several excursions.
    Oh, he lives in Sosua, so not sure if you count this homey.
    Although that is a good single example... it is hardly the visions of Cruisers WALKING FREELY about Sosua, spending money in MANY different shops, and on the Beach.. is it ?

not even remotely trying to argue .. sincerely.. just asking .
    and the Vendors even right next to the Port ( who i got a chance to speak with before the first ship came in and were very optimistic, as they were right there ) They literally were WALLED OFF, as we all know.
    Sosua, WILL imo see MORE of the Cruise money at SOME point in the future, but its not going to be anywhere near what they claimed it would be.
    Businesses in Sosua will continue to FAIL, and we all know the real reasons why.

4. Likes GuillermoRamon, Polar Bear liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

But who claimed it would be a big payoff for the North Coast? Did the gov't say that? I don't remember it. I'm sure the local rags were touting that, but that's the type of stuff they put out daily. Not necessarily factual. They're just looking for something to write.

The port IS good for the North Coast in terms of bringing attention to the region which would result in increased visits and spending. Yes, hard to quantify but still there.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

both walter musa (alcalde of puerto plata) and francisco javier garcia (minister of tourism) called for investing in tourism related businesses in POP and the north coast and talked how the cruise port will help the economy:
    http://puertoplatahabla.com/pp/minis...-en-el-sector/
    http://puertoplatahabla.com/pp/alcal...-los-turistas/
    http://puertoplatahabla.com/pp/alcal...mejor-momento/

North Coast Moderator

7. Likes jd426, ctrob, Polar Bear liked this post
    *** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

I am thankful Sosua has remained the same. It caters to single men. They're plenty of nice restaurants open and thriving to keep us slimy ,slithering, chauvinistic, capitalist freaks fed. Matter of fact I might even slither over tonight to watch the Cavs Warriors game at Rumba or Merague

9. Likes jd426, Seamonkey, NYerinDR, ROLLOUT liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pauleast View Post
    I am thankful Sosua has remained the same. It caters to single men. They're plenty of nice restaurants open and thriving to keep us slimy ,slithering, chauvinistic, capitalist freaks fed. Matter of fact I might even slither over tonight to watch the Cavs Warriors game at Rumba or Merague
    They have the High chairs at Merengue (Now Hot peppers ?).. Perfect for you..
    lol
    just kidding

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I know for a fact that Cest LA Vie bar paid their rent. "Story" circulating is owner of properties died and family wants to sell. Why toss out renters to sell is beyond me but it's not necessary to make sense here. Bar was German owned by the same guy for years, we'll run, no problems.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting back to the OP, one of the businesses that did close recently and will be missed was Cafe Mio in front of Infiniti Blu.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in Sosua for 3 days in early May. I stayed in a condo near playa Alicia which was nice as was the beach. I didn't go out for any late nights but daytime walks on Pedro etc. provided nothing more than winks, cat calls and gestures from mostly overly fat, ugly prostitutes. I would guess its better at night but was a rather boring.
    I first visited the DR (Cabarete/Sosua) in December 1999. Sosua didn't look to be a family tourist attraction then more the same ol. Those who think a mayor and a new agenda will drive family tourism are just more of those who lack common sense. Again clean it up and organize it. Make it safe rather than putting lipstick on the pig

14. Likes pauleast, BermudaRum, Uzin liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cest La Vie closed, torn down. Shame. Open air bar, some cuties working there, a relaxing vacation kind of place.

Page 3 of 296 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast