Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Please don't.
    Not very welcoming Joe

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Street closure worked for me. But then I was in a band that was playing during the previous street closings.

At this time it looks like the plan, just a guess at my part, is to drive prices down so the people what want to buy in and refurbish the zone will have the lowest possible prices.

The reality, which is probably more likely, is that there is just total incompetence and lack of forward thinking that prevents successful completion of any projects.
    Ahh.. I see you are finally coming to grips with the typical dominican mentality.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    We did great business that summer, but the strength of 30 signatures got it re-opened. Politics.
    Indeed, it was very nice and the restaurants seemed busier overall and lots of street band as I remember it. Will never understand why they removed the win-win set-up.. Incompetent people.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Please don't.
    You ok?

6. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Oh, and I dont disagree with you a bit..

The question begs though.. WHY was it a Priority to SHUT DOWN ALL THOSE LEGIT BUSINESSES, and even More Businesses who are on the verge or at least suffering... and therefore not able to EMPLOY more " Local people " .. and spend that money in the local Economy, and so on and so on..

The Mayor with all respect, has her head up her you know what ..
    It's all part of the bigger plan. Take a look at the new developments and refurbished old developments in the works for the north coast. Do you think "they" just want to repair the sidewalk and return PC to where it was before? If the developers Seamonkey mentioned are making a food court without loud music instead of a hooker bar, that might be a clue....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLOUT View Post
    Ahh.. I see you are finally coming to grips with the typical dominican mentality.
    Or they really do have a plan that they cannot quite figure out how to implement because of their incompetence? I have lived full time here in the DR for 14 years and have a Dominican family. I have some idea of what the mindset is here.

There has been a desire for years from the top level in government to "change" the way Sosua is viewed both by Dominicans (who mostly won't go there except for the occasional day on the beach via bus from Santiago/Santo Domingo) and the Internet perception as an alternate to Thailand. We can only wait and see what happens if anything at all to Pedro Clisante and the immediate area.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Or they really do have a plan that they cannot quite figure out how to implement because of their incompetence? .

I believe that is exactly it. Although I favor the word inexperience. It's not easy turning a town around like Sosua. They've got a constant force against them as they try to change directions. Every few hours a plane load of guys land and hit the streets.

10. Likes lifeisgreat liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    I believe that is exactly it. Although I favor the word inexperience. It's not easy turning a town around like Sosua. They've got a constant force against them as they try to change directions. Every few hours a plane load of guys land and hit the streets.
    Picking a more out of site and out of mind location for the red light district has proven to be insurmountable.

12. Likes lifeisgreat liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    Don't forget the expat perverts already living there who also contribute to the P4P arena...............