Las Terrenas Post Office

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Anybody know what is happening with our post office, it closed about 3 weeks ago I am told that this was done by the landlord because the tenant
was way behind with the rent.
where can one go to send registered mail and collect Poste Restante? Don't suggest S.D. I wrote to Imposdom but got no reply!!!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Anybody know what is happening with our post office, it closed about 3 weeks ago I am told that this was done by the landlord because the tenant
was way behind with the rent.
where can one go to send registered mail and collect Poste Restante? Don't suggest S.D. I wrote to Imposdom but got no reply!!!

I would go to the Las Terrenas town offices and see if you can find out what is happening. You may have to go to Sanchez or Nagua if you want to use the DR postal system.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
You have to go to the Sra. Postmasters house, her name is Carmen, she has moved all operations there.
It's apparently located down the street next to Randy Supermercado.

Headed there now, will let you know the results..

Have a great day

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
YEP !! That's the deal... all operations are being run out of her house for the moment until they find a ground
level space to rent (she can't do stairs). If you had a postal box and your waiting for mail
it's in her house and shes waiting for you with a smile.