Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Caribetour Bus and Bavaro Express

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Caribetour Bus and Bavaro Express

    On our first trip to the DR we will be traveling with Caribetour buses between cities. We will also use the Bavaro Express from SD to Punta Cana airport. We will have our luggage with us.

    For both Caribetours and Bavaro Express, will it be sufficient if we just show up at the bus station at the day of departure and buy our tickets on the spot? Is there any need to reserve tickets in advance? Is it sufficient to be at the station an hour/half an hour earlier? Plus, our luggage will be no problem, right?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Moderator - Central Forum
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Be careful and keep an eye on your luggage, pick a seat where you can see out the window to view/watch the undercarriage bin area at the source of the trip and at intermediate stops. Anyone could possibly walk up and remove the luggage.
    ..........Moderator

    The Clown Bin / Central

  3. Likes KateP, orlando44 liked this post
  4. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,840
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emina View Post
    On our first trip to the DR we will be traveling with Caribetour buses between cities. We will also use the Bavaro Express from SD to Punta Cana airport. We will have our luggage with us.

    For both Caribetours and Bavaro Express, will it be sufficient if we just show up at the bus station at the day of departure and buy our tickets on the spot? Is there any need to reserve tickets in advance? Is it sufficient to be at the station an hour/half an hour earlier? Plus, our luggage will be no problem, right?

    Thank you!
    If you are planning on using the bus for most of your transportation needs I would try to pack as lightly as you can. Dragging luggage around for 3 weeks will not be fun. I am not sure you can buy bus tickets in advanced. Show up at the bus at least 30-60 minutes in advance to be able to get a seat. The buses are very nice, comfortable and airconditioned and relatively inexpensive. Good luck and good travels.

  5. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emina View Post
    ............For both Caribetours and Bavaro Express, will it be sufficient if we just show up at the bus station at the day of departure and buy our tickets on the spot? Is there any need to reserve tickets in advance? Is it sufficient to be at the station an hour/half an hour earlier? Plus, our luggage will be no problem, right?

    Thank you!
    You should be fine showing up an hour in advance. Caribe Tours will give you a claim ticket for your luggage so hold onto that plus always hold onto your ticket receipt. Caribe Tours you can make a reservation in advance but you still need to show up 30 minutes prior to departure. Play it safe and show up an hour before departure for both.

    Buses are generally ice cold so bring a sweater or light jacket.

    Just in case you don't already have these...........

    http://www.expresobavaro.com/

    http://www.caribetours.com.do/

  6. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    Be careful and keep an eye on your luggage, pick a seat where you can see out the window to view/watch the undercarriage bin area at the source of the trip and at intermediate stops. Anyone could possibly walk up and remove the luggage.
    At least here in the East, the express buses use baggage tags with numbers.

  7. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    At least here in the East, the express buses use baggage tags with numbers.
    Same in Santo Domingo.............

  8. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you all, I understand there is no need to worry, just to be on time

  9. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
  10. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    You should be fine showing up an hour in advance. Caribe Tours will give you a claim ticket for your luggage so hold onto that plus always hold onto your ticket receipt. Caribe Tours you can make a reservation in advance but you still need to show up 30 minutes prior to departure. Play it safe and show up an hour before departure for both.

    Buses are generally ice cold so bring a sweater or light jacket.

    Just in case you don't already have these...........

    http://www.expresobavaro.com/

    http://www.caribetours.com.do/
    One can not make a reservation on Caribe Tours. Any ticket bought is for the very next bus heading to your destination.
    Der Fish

  11. #9
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Couple of hints. As said take warm clothes (and socks). There is wifi on the buses - the password is stuck on windscreen next to the driver. Check the number of the bus you are on - is printed on the ticket and on the front of the bus. This is as they stop for toilet and food stops sometime and if you get out and forget the number it is easy to get back on the wrong bus. Also take toilet paper (well always take toilet paper traveling in the DR). The buses have toilets but no paper.

    Matilda

  12. Likes sanpedrogringo, dulce liked this post
  13. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    One can not make a reservation on Caribe Tours. Any ticket bought is for the very next bus heading to your destination.
    Der Fish
    Der Fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, One CAN make a reservation online with Caribe Tours. Not sure about all the bus depots but I know for a FACT you can make a reservation in advance at the Santo Domingo bus depot. Not sure why it wouldn't be the same for all as they all link to the main computer.

    Also you do NOT have to buy a ticket for the next bus out.

    Fish, maybe you living in the past but things do change even in la rep dom.
    Last edited by bigbird; 04-20-2017 at 01:26 PM.

  14. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO