german resident killed in distrito nacional

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
What a question. They are killing people like that allover. See @Orlando. What do you think the DR is. Disneyland?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Thank you caribmike ..We are very fortunate that in the DR we do not have the massacres of school children at their schools , or students at universities or massacres in discos . No .I think the murders of foreigners here in the DR more often and not are the result of disputes and not random killings of foreigners. All figures show that assaults that result in deaths are down but assaults for robberies alone are up.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Santo Domingo is definitely a place where anyone can get killed for next to nothing.
My ex chica is from Gualey and most of her family is in Cristo Rey (yes, I used to live there).
If you knew what type of people were leaving these barrios every single night of
the week with the sole intent to rob and steal, none of you would go out in the capitol
after dark. Poverty has bread some real animals in some areas of that city.

Last edited:

dom

Jun 1, 2011
every death germans last name is either deutsch or german, because these people are simply too stupid to even read an ID properly.

one question, did anyone every hear what really happend to the german guy that was found stabbed in the back area of puerto plata airport, he was also of last name german lol, this was a a really wierd story without any outcome at all

this was a couple of years ago

question, if they cant even write a name properly, how can they solve one single crime, or how can i talk a cop seriously that cant even write his own name properly ?

Jaws2003

Mar 31, 2016
What a question. They are killing people like that allover. See @Orlando. What do you think the DR is. Disneyland?
I understand that and no I never thought DR was Disneyland. I live in Florida so I know. When the man shot up the library at FSU I only live 10 mins away at the most. Just said it like that because they said in the article that he was covered in a pool of blood. Well if most of the murders stem from an argument then that's a different story. As for people robbing each other I understand that there as well. This may be in another area of the site but just curious about the laws of people carrying firearms down that live there? Would it not be a viable option to protect yourself?

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Santo Domingo is definitely a place where anyone can get killed for next to nothing.
My ex chica is from Gualey and most of her family is in Cristo Rey (yes, I used to live there).
If you knew what type of people were leaving these barrios every single night of
the week with the sole intent to rob and steal, none of you would go out in the capitol
after dark. Poverty has bread some real animals in some areas of that city.

Per-capa I believe the North Coast is far more dangerous than the Capital. 7 years not one threat. BUT,, hang out in Cristo Rey which is one of the worst barrios obviously its a completely different world.Every large city in the world has these dangerous pocket barrios Do not confuse that area with living in the Capital.
To me Cabarete/Sosua feels far less safe than here.

Last edited:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I understand that and no I never thought DR was Disneyland. I live in Florida so I know. When the man shot up the library at FSU I only live 10 mins away at the most. Just said it like that because they said in the article that he was covered in a pool of blood. Well if most of the murders stem from an argument then that's a different story. As for people robbing each other I understand that there as well. This may be in another area of the site but just curious about the laws of people carrying firearms down that live there? Would it not be a viable option to protect yourself?

Guns are very expensive here. That's why you even are at risk when owning one. You might get killed because they want to take your gun...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not that the murdered man had at least three guns at home: 2 escopetas that were stolen and a 9 mm taurus. and none of that saved him.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That Porsche is the 4 door.... as dv8 says, rare in RD - anywhere , they are not common.
Add in 2 shotguns and a strong box..........

Afternoon delight for a thief.........

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Don't forget the kitchen knife they took... :cool:

And @DL it is Porsche, not Porshe, you pea brains...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Guns are very expensive here. That's why you even are at risk when owning one. You might get killed because they want to take your gun...

exactly. when i hear Americans talking about buying guns and carrying them around in this country, it just tells me that they do not understand the culture of poor countries. Americans can walk into some flea market style gun shop and walk out with a piece for 500 bucks. in the poor countries, guns are very expensive things. guys will kill you if they think you are walking with one. trust me, they do not inspire fear like they do in the USA.

Jaws2003

Mar 31, 2016
exactly. when i hear Americans talking about buying guns and carrying them around in this country, it just tells me that they do not understand the culture of poor countries. Americans can walk into some flea market style gun shop and walk out with a piece for 500 bucks. in the poor countries, guns are very expensive things. guys will kill you if they think you are walking with one. trust me, they do not inspire fear like they do in the USA.
This has me curious. Of course a reasonable person would do their best to avoid shady areas and not be walking alone at night but how do people protect themselves down there?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
That is actually TRUE.. in 3rd world Countries, you will make yourself a TARGET if you have a gun.. There have been cases where they broke into Homes
specifically because they knew there were guns in the home..
If you do have a gun, probably best to keep it Really quiet ,and not show it to anyone..
Shotguns are the least Glamorous, so probably best bet..
Handguns , make you a definite target in the DR..

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Im curious to know exactly what motivated this crime. Doesn't sound like a normal robbery. If it was, they wouldn't have burnt the Porsche Panamera. Why were those documents so important??

So many questions, but this was a planned assassination, not a robbery.

Jaws2003

Mar 31, 2016
That is actually TRUE.. in 3rd world Countries, you will make yourself a TARGET if you have a gun.. There have been cases where they broke into Homes
specifically because they knew there were guns in the home..
If you do have a gun, probably best to keep it Really quiet ,and not show it to anyone..
Shotguns are the least Glamorous, so probably best bet..
Handguns , make you a definite target in the DR..
generally cant go wrong with a shotgun. very versatile weapon. that sucks that people steal like but it is understandable with the living situation down there.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk