punta cana

khughes

Feb 4, 2002
will be in the area in march has anyone stayed at the allegro resort bavaro? how is the beach/
how is the food? can you recoment any thing fun to do in the area less the 30 minutes for the resot.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Beach is beautiful, Food probably stinks, and there is nothing to do within 30 minutes of the resort.

vanessa

Feb 6, 2002
Allegro

The Allegro Bavaro is Great! I've been about 12 times, and am going back on March 8. What kind of things do you want to do? There is not much around the resort, but if your "crafty" you can find things to do. There are a few good bars/clubs not too far from the hotel. There is Maniti park about 15 minutes away, where you can swim with Dolphins. In front of the hotel next door to Allegro, you can rent 4 wheelers. We had an amazing time on the 4 wheelers!
Contrary to what most people seem to say about the allegro, I think the food is ok. Actually I find it excellent compared to many other places I've been. The beach is really nice, the pool and hotel are very clean. The animation is usually good. A couple of times I went it wasnt great, and other times it was great! I guess it all depends on the staff.
I wouldnt hesitate to recommend the Allegro! I think you'll have a great time! As is true with any resort, if you have an open mind and your planning on having fun, you'll have fun!
Lemme know if there is anything else I can help you with!
Vanessa

DRW

Jan 23, 2002
Allegro Bavaro

I am also going to Allegro Bavaro in March (23rd- 30th). What are the clubs/bars close to the resort?

How much is it to rent the 4 wheelers? Is it part of a tour or can you go on your own? (we have 4 wheelers so I don't need any instruction)

Also, we're thinking of doing a snorkeling/booze cruise (catamaran) excursion. Have you done that here? How much was that?

What about SCUBA to Catalina Island or Sousa Island? (we're certified divers)

Thanks for any info. you have.