SD Rooftop lounge/restaurant suggestions

Spud67

Oct 6, 2013
I will be in SD this weekend and though I've been there a few times before, never long enough to know much of the city. I am looking for suggestions for rooftop (open air or not) places to go for evening meal or late night drinks.

Type of food is not important but I'd like it to be good (at least). I appreciate dressing up a little, I think they call it smart casual. I'm looking for somewhere that is not sub-woofer-breaking-loud. It doesn't have to be quiet, just not stupid loud.

Open to any and all suggestions. Thks

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I will be in SD this weekend and though I've been there a few times before, never long enough to know much of the city. I am looking for suggestions for rooftop (open air or not) places to go for evening meal or late night drinks.

Type of food is not important but I'd like it to be good (at least). I appreciate dressing up a little, I think they call it smart casual. I'm looking for somewhere that is not sub-woofer-breaking-loud. It doesn't have to be quiet, just not stupid loud.

Open to any and all suggestions. Thks

I am not sure about rooftop restaurants. I always liked the bar and restaurants in the Colonial Zone especially those located across from Alcazar de Colon, the house of Diego Colon. Good luck and good travels.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
JW Marriot Hotel Restaurant in the Blue Mall Churchill Av. Nice Terraza with glass floor looking from 31 meters up. There is a couple other restaurants there including hard Rock

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
JW Marriot Hotel Restaurant in the Blue Mall Churchill Av. Nice Terraza with glass floor looking from 31 meters up. There is a couple other restaurants there including hard Rock

Hard Rock Caf? in Blue Mall has an open air section primarily for smokers. Food is decent at Hard Rock and they make some nice cocktails to sip on. If cigarette or cigar smoke offends you probably cancel this out.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Corner Hostos/Mercedes there's a nice half open rooftop Restaurant/Bar zum chillen.
Entrance on Hostos, the stairs up on the right side coming from Conde.

Spud67

Oct 6, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions. For now we're planning the Marriott and Hard Rock for drinks and dinner on Saturday and then possibly the bar that Salsafan suggested Sunday evening.

Thanks again!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks for the suggestions. For now we're planning the Marriott and Hard Rock for drinks and dinner on Saturday and then possibly the bar that Salsafan suggested Sunday evening.

Thanks again!

Great, report back please! :)

SosuaEnVivo

Nov 13, 2014
I agree. Always enjoy the Hard Rock.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk