Temporary residence to Rentista

Eyes

Apr 30, 2012
I Have 5 years of rent contracts do l need to apostille or legalised the current contract 2016-17 or the rent
contract of 5 years ago?

I also have a copy of the original title of the property ready to be legalised also will these to be sufficient for the
Rentista? The rent brings in over $3k monthly? Also have 2 years bank statements.

Currently have temporary residence started last year.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
If possible, I would recommend that you go down to the Immigration office on the Malecon and speak to the nice ladies who handle the Rentista residency. I have this type of residency and I have never once waited more than 5 minutes to speak to them, they're always incredibly friendly and helpful, will check the documents you have and explain what is needed and not needed. You really don't need to pay a lawyer, and for the Rentista visa, you bypass all the lines so it is very quick.

Eyes

Apr 30, 2012
Thanks Paul lm in the UK now getting the documents together are the two documents l have stated above the same as what
You gave immigration?

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Once you already have your temporary residence (as you already have it), what's the benefit of having a Rentista residency vs the standard one?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The only documents which need apostilling are those issued by the state/country such as birth, marriage, death and divorce certificates. Check with the apostille service of the country you are coming from.

Matilda

Eyes

Apr 30, 2012
I believe a shorter time scale to permanent residence 5 years on the temporary and 2 years for rentista

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
I believe a shorter time scale to permanent residence 5 years on the temporary and 2 years for rentista

Do you have a link that confirms that? I can't find that anywhere... I assumed once you have the temporary residence, it makes no difference if you're a rentista or not.

LicelotteM

Sep 8, 2014
I Have 5 years of rent contracts do l need to apostille or legalised the current contract 2016-17 or the rent
contract of 5 years ago?

I also have a copy of the original title of the property ready to be legalised also will these to be sufficient for the
Rentista? The rent brings in over $3k monthly? Also have 2 years bank statements.

Currently have temporary residence started last year.

All documents to be submitted must be legalized by Apostille. You must present contracts for the last 5 years as well as copy of the title for the property. A notary can make a true/certified copy of the documents and that will allow you to obtain an Apostille.

Regards,

Licelotte M.

LicelotteM

Sep 8, 2014
Do you have a link that confirms that? I can't find that anywhere... I assumed once you have the temporary residence, it makes no difference if you're a rentista or not.

Article 33 of the Immigration Law indicates that applicants who qualify under one of the investment programs, such as rentista, will be admitted as permanent residents. This means that they don?t have to wait 5 years of temporary residency and have a shorter path to citizenship.

Regards,

Licelotte M.