Helping Hand Project

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
One could call this a missionary project, maybe. But it is not connected with any church or other such organization. There are a multitude of volunteer organizations here in our little corner of the world. When I posted it elsewhere I posted some local pics of poverty here in the DR, but those who actually live here have seen such. My hope is to build out an aquaponics set up to raise a ton of fish a month at full build out and 5 or 6 tons of veggies. The first lettuce and tomatoes should be available for our neighbors to enjoy in 90 days or so, the fresh fish won't be full grown for 7 or 8 months from the day we get started building. There are a few thousand youtube videos about aquaponics, and some say one can start for $125.00 or so, yes, if you wish to raise a head of lettuce and a tomato plant and keep a few gold fish alive that is possible. This is definitely not a get rich project for the gringo, but rather something to employ a few local people and sell fish and veggies basically at cost to the poorest amongst us.
The campaign was set up by my grand nephew, because I basically lack that skill. But I do have the skill to build the fish and vegetable farm I am proposing, and the costs were estimated by someone who has done it. So if you ever give to missions or the like, maybe you'd like to kick in a few bucks to help out. WHen in production I intend to get in touch with an orphanage or other serious project to supply them with a constant stream of fresh food.

https://www.gofundme.com/HaitianAquaponics

Last edited:

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
In reading these forums you seem to be pretty poor. I hope that you can benefit from this charity program yourself.