Gyms in Santo Domingo

John

Jan 1, 2002
Am coming to Santo Domingo to live in early April for at least three years and would like to join a good gym. Can anyone advise me, on what is available and what they have to offer, including membership prices.
At the moment I'm a member of a small rather basic gym in a small town in Venezuela and am looking forward to a little more up to date equipment:>)
Many thanks,
John

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There are many gyms in Santo Domingo. The most modern are Body Shop on Avenida Tiradentes in Naco (Tel. 549-6620) and Arroyo Hondo (opening soon), and Gold's Gym at Paseo de los Locutores in the Ensanche Evaristo Morales (Tel. 549-4321). They have different membership plans. It is best to visit both when you get here.

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
For some reasons I prefer Gold's Gym than Body shop. I have both membership. body shop is a little more expensive because they have a swimming pool and a walking track. Gold Gym is more fun. they have good equipment. and this is one of the best and cleaner Gold's in the world. Also you can use your membeship when traveling in the USA.
Do not expect a gym like in the USA. both are upper class fitness center and they work more like a social club.
Gold's Gym fee is around $6,000.00 down and $590.00 monthly.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
gold's gym:
inscription= 5,700 pesos
monthly= 599 pesos
they are santiago rates.

I would wait until they would offer 25 - 40 % off the inscription prices. Give them your name and they will call you when they will have the offer. Offers generally come every few weeks.