Domestic Flights available? (Punta Cana to Puerto Plata)

MrTee12

Apr 4, 2010
I was wondering if there are any domestic flights within the country for a reasonable rate. (charter or airline)

I know the most common way to travel across the island is by car, but are there any reasonable alternatives?

Thx in advance.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I was wondering if there are any domestic flights within the country for a reasonable rate. (charter or airline)

I know the most common way to travel across the island is by car, but are there any reasonable alternatives?

Thx in advance.

There used to be some charters available, but they weren't exactly "reasonable". The only alternatives I know of are CaribeTour and Metro busses. Very comfortable and reasonable.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Thx in advance.

There are no regularly scheduled flights within the DR. Take a bus, a car and driver or rent a car and drive yourself.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

Thx in advance.

Most people use the helicopter services. They can pick you up pretty much anywhere they can land and take you any other place in the country and Haiti as well.

Still cheaper than going by charter flights.

If you book your flight weeks in advance or a month, the price is reasonable for the most part.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Very interesting Matilda, have you every flown them? Has anyone on the board?

MrTee12

Apr 4, 2010
Most people use the helicopter services. They can pick you up pretty much anywhere they can land and take you any other place in the country and Haiti as well.

If you book your flight weeks in advance or a month, the price is reasonable for the most part.

Would this be from hotel to hotel?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

Helicopters have the advantage of being able to land at places where there is no airport, but a comparable size helicopter, for example 4-6 seats, will cost far more to charter than a 4-6 seat piston aircraft - including twin engine aircrafts.