New Traffic Road Markings in the Capital

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...lla-en-intersecciones-que-significa-GL4148329

Obras Publica have been hatching in yellow paint areas of busy intersections in the centre of Santo Domingo.

It will be interesting to see how AMET will police the marked intersections for cars found in the hatched zone blocking the route of vehicles in the opposite direction once the lights change. Dominicans are naturally impatient and cannot wait at the stop line until their exit is clear if the lights are green to ensure maintenance of traffic flows , which is the purpose of these markings and are backed up by the law as stated in the article.

I am quite sure if I do as I would in London for example, and wait before entering a hatched area until my exit is clear, that I would have a bunch of agitated drivers behind blasting their car horns

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

to extract........

Gonzalo Castillo Ministro de Obras P?blicas “Con la campa?a de concienciaci?n, si tenemos la colaboraci?n de la poblaci?n podemos estar hablando hasta de un 30% del tiempo que se utiliza para llegar de un lado a otro”. Consider?. Al tiempo que destac? la importancia de la campa?a educativa.

Frener Bellos AriasDirector de Amet Indic? que la Amet trabaja en una estrategia dirigida al ciudadano a fin de que al conducir no bloqueen las intersecciones. Expres? que todos los ciudadanos necesitan instruirse en educaci?n vial. Valor? de positivos los resultados obtenidos. - See more at: http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/06/23/partir-agosto-sentira-mejoria-transito#sthash.vNxSqFb6.dpuf

We live in hope.......

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Just another waste of yellow paint... somebody already bought his new yipeta after receiving kickback from the paint manufacturer.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Dominicans don't give a shyt about rules; they go, even if they can't, it's pure lack of education.
No yellow, blue or red paint can solve this problem.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dominicans don't give a shyt about rules; they go, even if they can't, it's pure lack of education.
No yellow, blue or red paint can solve this problem.

They said the same thing about NY drivers when they painted the intersections and put up "Don't block the box" signs. It took some tickets and time, but it works now.

If they actually give tickets in SD, and follow through, word will get around quickly.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
They said the same thing about NY drivers when they painted the intersections and put up "Don't block the box" signs. It took some tickets and time, but it works now.

If they actually give tickets in SD, and follow through, word will get around quickly.

If they actually give tickets and make people pay the fine..... instead of accepting bribes it will work over time.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Personally I haven't met the first Amet asking for or insinuating he would take a bribe (unlike police officers).

I think this might actually be enforced. The people are getting desperate with the endless traffic jams. They started with the orange cones and have been insisting with it and it actually works.

kg4jxt

Mar 28, 2014
when the self-driving cars arrive, THEY will stop; and ignore the honking! When I say things like this, people always reply: "self driving cars will never work in the DR", to which I reply "where are Dominicans going to buy cars that don't self-drive?"

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
when the self-driving cars arrive, THEY will stop; and ignore the honking! When I say things like this, people always reply: "self driving cars will never work in the DR", to which I reply "where are Dominicans going to buy cars that don't self-drive?"

Dominicans love to come up behind you at a stop light you have 4 cars in front of you light is red. they start blowing horn. When i got a ticket for seat belt i went to amet to pay they had a court with judges there. 3 judges many people before me were proclaming their innocence going on and on about it not being their fault. When my turn came i said GUILTY! With over about 40 people in the room they all became totally silent watching me! So i know how to shut up a bunch of Dominicans! Just say GUILTY!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
If they actually give tickets and make people pay the fine..... instead of accepting bribes it will work over time.

Same probably with robbery, assault, murder. If they actually gave out the appropriate 10-20-life sentences and didn't accept payoffs, maybe there would be less murders

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Maybe if the make traffic devices out of cemented and rebarred materials, the would have no choice but to stop.
I recall travelling on the hiway from santiago to the capitol, and road work crews used steel drums full of sand as traffic cones. Other vehicles would still try to overtake my car,even though only 1 lane was open. Just crash your way ahead of me is not the right mindset to have as a driver.
Last i heard, driving was a privalage. Why dont they just ban bad drivers, and impound their vehicles?

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic