belgian woman killed in costambar

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
11 so far, in the last 6 months. 7 of them on the north coast.
german man, imbert.
american and arubean, cabrera.
canadian, cabrera.
german, puerto plata.
italian, montellano.
italian, jarabacoa.
spanish, las matas fe farfan.
german, SD.
polak, bavaro.
belgian, costambar.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Maybe that will wake up some residents in paying their APC (Association of Proprietors of Costambar) fees so that Costambar security can be beefed up!

I have been planning to upgrade my security systems with alarm, cameras the work.

After such a murder, I am sure many other people will want to upgrade their security as well.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
11 so far, in the last 6 months. 7 of them on the north coast.
german man, imbert.
american and arubean, cabrera.
canadian, cabrera.
german, puerto plata.
italian, montellano.
italian, jarabacoa.
spanish, las matas fe farfan.
german, SD.
polak, bavaro.
belgian, costambar.

Wow, this is very telling. I think we had another thread on this topic when the German From SD was killed. Cristo Rey felt that SD was the most dangerous place and far more than the North Coast.
I disagreed! 3+ million in the Capital and only 1 of the 11 murders happened in SD! I know Leon Alter is making some huge beneficial progress in the NC hopefully others and the Policia can add the required help or
the tourism may never return to the NC.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1/3 of all homicides in DR take place in SD and DN. murders of gringos is another matter.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Sending out death squads like in Brazil to clean the streets from that lowlife crap comes to mind.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Cristo Rey felt that SD was the most dangerous place and far more
than the North Coast.I disagreed!

There could be 20 or 30 more gringos murdered this year on the North Coast and I'll still say
Santo Domingo is a hell of a lot more dangerous. I'm guessing this will be another case of an
elderly retired person who fell prey to a hungry predator. (RIP)
Until these politicians start spending more money on education and job creation for these
people instead of blowing it all on villas and jeepetas... this ugly cycle will continue no matter
how many criminals the PN kill or incarcerate.

On Sunday a prominent forensic pathologist Sergio Sarita Valdez came out and said a lot
of the violent deaths across Santo Domingo are not being properly classified and criminals
are not being caught or investigated due to this problem.

"he said and warned that violent deaths that occur in Greater Santo Domingo are enough to
saturate the system "and cannot respond."

Source: Dominican Today
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...-autopsies-let-criminals-get-away-with-murder

Last edited:

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Why do thy have to kill her? This I don't understand. rob the house when she is not home. But to break in, in the night and kill why?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
10 million residents...50 million tourist a yr... 50 dead gringos a yr let say. .. Where are you going to be safer? It's sad terribly sad but true of world not only here..

Mar 1, 2009
I may be wrong but maybe the Haitian, if he was the one who stabbed her would make some sense because Dominicans won't usually kill a foreigner to just rob 'em. I would think personally that it would cause too much trouble to kill a foreigner because the "heat" would be on my tuchas like spit on the pavement, lickety split. Dominicans still appreciate that foreigners are kinda "hands off" because you can always rob them easier cuz they are disoriented and less on guard since they are relaxing, drunk, high or in large groups which would help or hinder a potential domino crook/thief.
The Haitian especially if he was a newcomer, would not be aware/conscious (or maybe he is that much of moron/dumbass) of the fact that you don't kill a tourist.

LC