Urgent please!!!!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Is Ceducompp still the first choice for computer parts in Santo Domingo?

Please let me know.

I need a Intel Core i5-xxxx LGA 1150 CPU which i could buy with Amazon Prime but i need it today or tomorrow so I have to buy it here.

Thanks for your input!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Computer parts are all a big rip-off here but Cecomsa is usually my first choice. The reason they price the way they do is because they know if you were to bring in a 300$ CPU you would pay 40% in taxes so that's not feasible unless you can get one under 200$ and avoid the import tax.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Damn, even their phone number doesn't exist anymore....

Can somebody please recommend a good, big and reliable computer store in Santo Domingo?

Thanks!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Computer parts are all a big rip-off here but Cecomsa is usually my first choice. The reason they price the way they do is because they know if you were to bring in a 300$ CPU you would pay 40% in taxes so that's not feasible unless you can get one under 200$ and avoid the import tax.

TY. Will try Cecomsa. I know they sell overprized old stuff. That is why I usually buy all my stuff on Amazon. But this time I am am in a hurry...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Omega tech is cheaper (R?mulo betancourt and Kennedy)
CyM computers have good deals.
Office Depot

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Two sites do not work. On the phone nobody knows etc. Typical stupid Dominican mess as usual. Will buy at Amazon and wait a bit instead ruining my nerves with these inutiles...

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Two sites do not work. On the phone nobody knows etc. Typical stupid Dominican mess as usual. Will buy at Amazon and wait a bit instead ruining my nerves with these inutiles...

Sometimes you have to go yourself to find as the culture in most stores i find is the quick, "no tengo" thats the easy answer so they can go back to texting their girl/boyfriends. I say this with confidence as it seems Virgo has disapeared.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Waoo I just got a bargain last Sarturday in a Thrift store... the whole computer, CPU is a Emachine E5 Intel processor 3.6 GHz Ram and 1TB hard drive
Windows 7.
I reset it to factory setting as it was acting weird due several partitions installed on the drive.
Best deal ever I got it just for $30. Bucks.

JJ

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's nice, Bachata.

Now the million dollar question is: how does that help the OP? lol

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Well, at least I got an idea where the super duper Dominican computer crap stores getting their crap from to sell it here for 5 times what this old stuff cost them in the US... :D

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Well, at least I got an idea where the super duper Dominican computer crap stores getting their crap from to sell it here for 5 times what this old stuff cost them in the US... :D

I wish I could find a partner in DR, I've been many times to the NC surplus sales on Chapel Hill Road here in Raleigh...

They sells by bundles nice computers without hard drives, built Intel I-5 processors in very good shape...
Those computers clear about $ 25. each.

JJ

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Question is how much customs will (officially) charge and how much has to be paid in bribes to get the stuff into the country for resale... I am sure, the existing stores will do everything to make that task as difficult as they can for a newcomer.