child abuse

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
What can be done to protect the young girls in this country? There was a guy who showed up at my mother-in-law?s house. He first said he was a lawyer and high up in the military. He also said he would help out the family. What did he want was there 13 year old daughter. He bought her a cell phone and promises everything. He has convinced the mother that he is great the father knows different. Come to find out he got another 13 year old girl pregnant 5 miles from here and left her. We are on the north coast and he is from Santa Domingo. What do you do to stop him from coming back? What would you do this should be a law worth enforcing.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What can be done to protect the young girls in this country? There was a guy who showed up at my mother-in-law’s house. He first said he was a lawyer and high up in the military. He also said he would help out the family. What did he want was there 13 year old daughter. He bought her a cell phone and promises everything. He has convinced the mother that he is great the father knows different. Come to find out he got another 13 year old girl pregnant 5 miles from here and left her. We are on the north coast and he is from Santa Domingo. What do you do to stop him from coming back? What would you do this should be a law worth enforcing.

remember where you are. don?t expose yourself to any possible problems. you can?t fix this place.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Is there no law to protect children from these predators? If so why do they not want to enforce them?

Feb 7, 2007
Yes there are.
Santo Domingo, supreme court building, Marisol Tobar - Procuradora General de Ni?os, Ni?as, Adolescentes y Familia
very approachable and very "correct" in terms of justice.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
Do they take child abuse seriously here though? I was just going to write a post when I saw this one. My neighbor was just beating his 10 year old kid with a whip type of thing and did not stop until I went outside waving a large stick at him. I don't care what country I am in. It is not acceptable to beat children!

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
If the family really cares, they would round up some primos to regulate this person.
Do they actually allow stranges into their home? Where is papi?

Lawyer or militart bla bla bla, someone needs to give it to him.

On the other end, it is normal for a 16/17 years old girl to marry up to 10-15 years older man.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This type of sh*t has been going on for years. I've heard story after story in while living in barrios.
Ultimately it boils down to the parents, not the police or other legal entities as some others may
have you think.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It is pathetic - the state of affairs for Dominicans......
Life in RD can be harsh - with no respite in sight.

I know plenty of dirt poor Dominicans (and people from other third world countries) who
would never offer anyone their children no matter how bad things got. This is simply a
matter of one person trying too make quick money off of someone else's back. Or maybe
in this case, someone attempting to exploit a poor family. Wrong either way.

Apr 7, 2014
I know plenty of dirt poor Dominicans (and people from other third world countries) who
would never offer anyone their children no matter how bad things got. This is simply a
matter of one person trying too make quick money off of someone else's back. Or maybe
in this case, someone attempting to exploit a poor family. Wrong either way.
I tend to agree, here. Those people like many in the country want something for nothing and will do anything to get something for nothing.
The people who tend to lose the most are those who want to solely win with no effort.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Is there no law to protect children from these predators? If so why do they not want to enforce them?

Apparently there are a lot of laws here, many actually mimic the 1st world. The enforcement is the issue. I have seen helpful gringos get punished for helping protect victims here. Wild west be careful

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
A pedophile is a pedophile....with consent or without. Anybody who is ok with a child being forced into sex, regardless of the nationality, is complete waste of human skin. Perhaps those "board members" thinking that is fine are also pedophiles. I have zero tolerance for anybody who can harm a child. I will gladly face the consequences of stepping in and saving a child.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A pedophile is a pedophile....with consent or without. Anybody who is ok with a child being forced into sex, regardless of the nationality, is complete waste of human skin. Perhaps those "board members" thinking that is fine are also pedophiles. I have zero tolerance for anybody who can harm a child. I will gladly face the consequences of stepping in and saving a child.

take a quiet moment to contemplate the humanity, or lack thereof, of someone who has no objection to pedophilia based on the nationality of the victim.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What can be done to protect the young girls in this country? There was a guy who showed up at my mother-in-law’s house. He first said he was a lawyer and high up in the military. He also said he would help out the family. What did he want was there 13 year old daughter. He bought her a cell phone and promises everything. He has convinced the mother that he is great the father knows different. Come to find out he got another 13 year old girl pregnant 5 miles from here and left her. We are on the north coast and he is from Santa Domingo. What do you do to stop him from coming back? What would you do this should be a law worth enforcing.

Folks, this is the OP. He wants to know what can be done to stop the man from returning for the girl.

It's not about underage hookers, schoolgirls voluntarily visiting men, etc.

Focus please.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
What can be done?

2 years ago I was at a colmado with hubby, yes in a barrio.
A girl with a 3 yr old in tow was dragging him and beating him. I almost jumped out of my skin. Hubby stopped me from doing or saying anything. Even after I explained that it was child abuse no matter the country.
When she came back with a bruised child later on, hubby took her aside and talked to her quietly. She said she was overwhelmed. He explained to her it was no reason to take it out on the kid.
She agreed and said she would be more careful.

I know physical abuse is not the same as sexual abuse. But maybe the same approach can be used. One thing for sure is that if I had talked to the girl she would have sent me to hell if not worse. But between Dominicans it might be ok.