Playa Chiquita Rental / Sosua / - Any insight?

esperanzaVJ01

Jul 4, 2016
Hi all!

I'm going to be moving down to Sosua in the next few months. I've found a house in Sosua, which I will be coming down to visit and see in the next few weeks. The owner/agent has told me that the area it is located in is called "Playa Chiquita". The home is in a small neighborhood of a few homes. I'm wondering if anyone is familliar with this area? Is this a safe area? I realize that anywhere I am, I will need to keep my wits about me. I'm familliar with downtown Sosua + Puerto Plata, but not familliar with this area - wanting to be sure before even making the trip out to see the home.

Also if anyone has any insight on homes for rent, or knows of anything available in Sosua, near centre, that would be amazing. Looking for a furnished home, secure/safe, pool if possible, at least 2 bedrooms.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice, insight etc.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
One thing I remember about that area was water problems before others started talking about them. Being near the ocean, a well is probably not an option.

I know Ringo had his property for sale. Have not heard from him in a long while.

Jul 28, 2014
My best answer would be to drop into Juan Perdomo's place, let them know exactly what you are looking for and WAIT until something comes available that matches what you are looking for.

http://www.juanperdomo.com/

FYI - I have no vested interest / financial ties to them

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
As of a few months ago Ringo and his wife were still at their place in Playa Chiquita. Didn't know it was for sale.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I stayed in a condo there two or three times. It was nice the time the pool was working. The condo association had an armed guard at night. It seemed as though security would have been a problem to be dealt with for the houses there. I believe Ringo addressed this issue here a few times. He could be mysterious though.

esperanzaVJ01

Jul 4, 2016
My best answer would be to drop into Juan Perdomo's place, let them know exactly what you are looking for and WAIT until something comes available that matches what you are looking for.

FYI - I have no vested interest / financial ties to them

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely do so :).