Flights

Michael

Jan 25, 2002
I just recieved my weekly online flight specials. American Airlines from Miami to either La Romana (149.00) or Puerto Plata (159.00) are being offered.

The flights, as all specials do, have restrictions. Go to aa.com and click on net specials, its all there.

I am flying into Santo Domingo on Monday to spend a week. I was happy to read the "How to pick up a decent Dominican women" thread, I needed the help. JUST KIDDING.

Arjuna1

Feb 9, 2002
NET SPECIAL

Michael do you know the air code for the POP net special being offered by AA. I checked AA.com but couldn't find that fare. Thanks n advance!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Originally posted by Michael I am flying into Santo Domingo on Monday to spend a week.

Note that these web specials you have to depart on Thursday or Friday and come back on Monday or Tuesday following, so leaving Monday for a week is not quite in compliance.

From AA: For LAR and PP $149/$159:

* Depart Thursday, Feb 21, 2002 or Friday, Feb 22, 2002.
* Return anytime the following Monday or Tuesday.
* 7-day advance purchase required.
* Tickets are nonrefundable

Michael

Jan 25, 2002
Read carefully

Rick, I never said I had purchased one of these specials.

I posted this because somebody might want a nice weekend in the D.R. for a very resonable price.

I am going to Santo Domingo and do not need to be in compliance Rick.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: Read carefully

Michael said:
Rick, I never said I had purchased one of these specials.

I posted this because somebody might want a nice weekend in the D.R. for a very resonable price.

I am going to Santo Domingo and do not need to be in compliance Rick.

Miami, FL (MIA) La Romana, Dominican Republic (LRM) $149

Miami, FL (MIA) Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (POP) $159

I flew 2 weeks ago for the long weekend from JFK to POP for 239-

Add 75 for taxes at the website and 10-bux at the airport in DR for tourist visa.

Still good deal. You also get frequent flyer miles.

Going next month on FF miles. Wahoo... Love free

Scott

LazyGirl

Jan 12, 2002
About a week ago I bought a round trip ticket to Santo Domingo out of JFK and I paid $373, including taxes and fees. I had checked other websites and travel agencies and the lowest fare they had to offer was somewhere around $450-525, so I think that I got a pretty good deal buying my ticket from AA directly, plus I got 3200 miles from my transaction. The only thing is that the ticket I bought has more than a few restrictions but given the fact that I do not intend to change my flights or anything the restrictions do not really affect me...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
About a week ago I bought a round trip ticket to Santo Domingo out of JFK and I paid $373, including taxes and fees. I had checked other websites and travel agencies and the lowest fare they had to offer was somewhere around $450-525, so I think that I got a pretty good deal buying my ticket from AA directly, plus I got 3200 miles from my transaction. The only thing is that the ticket I bought has more than a few restrictions but given the fact that I do not intend to change my flights or anything the restrictions do not really affect me...

Reply:

You should get a 500 mile segment bonus or 1000 bonus miles for every round trip booked at AA on the web. I am going next month on FF'lyer miles and have too more trips accumulated.

Scott

LazyGirl

Jan 12, 2002
jazzcom

I don't know how the miles thing work, but when I called AA to make sure that everything was in order I asked the guy how many miles were going to be awarded for that transaction and he said 3200, and I believed him... Was the 3200 miles too much or too little for a trip from NYC to Santo Domingo?

Michael

Jan 25, 2002
Great

Lazy Girl you did great, did you have a good time. Where did you stay? I have a 5 hour lay-over at JFK on Monday. I attained my ticket by using air miles.

Flying to the D.R. through JFK going American right know is CHEAP.

Ray

Jan 7, 2002
FLY AEROMAR AIRLINES

I strongly suggest you people flying from miami or JFK into Santo Domingo, to use Aeromar Airlines. Much better fares, and better service on board.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
How does Aeromar do when combining with connections from other airlines in Miami or JFK?

Are the fares competitive under this condition compared to booking all with one carrier?

Where can we find their schedule?

Do they have backup aircraft and personell like American or does a big problem usually mean a long delay as with charters?

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
flights

Most of the Major airlines don't have any ticketing agreement with Aeromar , so if you flight out of JFK or MIA , you must buy separate ticket and recheck your luggage with the other airlines.