No Passports in Miami

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
It seems Dominicans in Miami are unable to get passports from the Dominican Consulate - they have no books. One ballplayer had to go to NY to get his, and others are traveling with some sort of "paper"

http://www.diariolibre.com/mundo/ee...-consulado-no-dispone-de-pasaportes-CG4338613

My wife went to Washington DC last week to renew her Dominican passport, and they told her that "the printer was broken"

She called NYC several times, and nobody answered the phone.

I am surprised the sun rises and sets over the island without a major problem.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Its not the only country with "logistical" problems. My girlfriend from Ukraine tried to get some pages added to her passport, but luckily we didn't fly to Havana (the closest Embassy) because when we called there they said they were out of paper. So we called the embassy in Washington DC they referred us to Havana.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
To make things worse, the ny dominican consulate are a bunch of crocks! They charge too much for documents, the highest in the US.

josephk

Aug 8, 2016
Its not the only country with "logistical" problems. My girlfriend from Ukraine tried to get some pages added to her passport, but luckily we didn't fly to Havana (the closest Embassy) because when we called there they said they were out of paper. So we called the embassy in Washington DC they referred us to Havana.
Its sad things like that happen this day and age...

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
My wife went to Washington DC last week to renew her Dominican passport, and they told her that "the printer was broken"

She called NYC several times, and nobody answered the phone.

I am surprised the sun rises and sets over the island without a major problem.

I'll be surprised when that happens too.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

While this kind of thing "may happen everywhere" it happens more with respect to the DR.