Business Bank account

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
How long did it take you to open your business bank account, if you can remember?
Was it hours, days, weeks, or longer?

Any particular bank you would recommend for a business?
Reasons etc.?

TIA

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I went to Banco popular and it was a hassle would take several days we didn't have because my business partner was only for a few days in the country, then we went to Banco Santa Cruz and it was handled in 2 hours. I still would prefer Banco Popular, for being the best DR bank and we are going to handle that soon, but Santa Cruz was hassle free.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
I went to Banco popular and it was a hassle would take several days we didn't have
because my business partner was only for a few days in the country, then we went to Banco Santa Cruz and it was
handled in 2 hours. I still would prefer Banco Popular, for being the best DR bank and we are going to handle that soon,
but Santa Cruz was hassle free.

Thanks Mauricio.
We are still in the process of finding a bank.

We approached Scotiabank with all our docs more than a month ago. They still haven't gotten back to us.
We visited Bank Progreso more than a week ago and despite the manager's assurance that it takes
just 3-4 days to open an account, we still do not have an account with them.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
open a account in pesos can be done in the day if you have all documents required, for dollars account can take 2-3 days - was my case with bhdleon

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
How important is a business stamp in DR?

It was needed at Aduanas to get an import token.
Now the Progreso Bank wants a stamp before they will open a business account.

It seems business stamps are like gold in DR.

Anyone can make a business stamp in five minutes at Print City.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
How long did it take you to open your business bank account, if you can remember?
Was it hours, days, weeks, or longer?

Any particular bank you would recommend for a business?
Reasons etc.?

TIA

Opening a bank account for business is never too easy. We have in banco popular, by far was the easiest one. Need patience obviously, tons of it. It took me a month almost. And yes for sure you need a stamp of the business.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
How important is a business stamp in DR?

It was needed at Aduanas to get an import token.
Now the Progreso Bank wants a stamp before they will open a business account.

It seems business stamps are like gold in DR.

Anyone can make a business stamp in five minutes at Print City.

You need a stamp...can't really be in business without one. Get 2 made..one for you and one for your accountant. Everything from a lease agreement to letters to any of the Ministries need your stamp.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
You need a stamp...can't really be in business without one. Get 2 made..one for you
and one for your accountant. Everything from a lease agreement to letters to any of the Ministries need your stamp.

Thanks Seamonkey. We have one already (stamp).
Hopefully by this time tomorrow we will have our bank account completed.