Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: North Coast Upgrade

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thetan is his first name I thought..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Any estimates on how long it will remain open?
    I don't think very long. Couple hours maybe?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

One has to be careful where we use our Credit Cards... Same in North America.
    I have been travelling to DR for 9 years and own property there... use my Cards in POP, Santiago and Santo Domingo.
    But only where I have confidence in the hotel or business.
    Back in the days when we had carbon copies with every sale I was victim to several CC Frauds... at the time around $3500.00 CDN
    Back in 1979 that was a lot of money ; and it happened in Canada.
    Have not had any CC fraud here in DR as of yet... not saying it won't happen ... just not yet.
    Chip cards deem to deter CC fraud.... but only until there is a way around it.
    Russell

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    One has to be careful where we use our Credit Cards... Same in North America.
    I have been travelling to DR for 9 years and own property there... use my Cards in POP, Santiago and Santo Domingo.
    But only where I have confidence in the hotel or business.
    Back in the days when we had carbon copies with every sale I was victim to several CC Frauds... at the time around $3500.00 CDN
    Back in 1979 that was a lot of money ; and it happened in Canada.
    Have not had any CC fraud here in DR as of yet... not saying it won't happen ... just not yet.
    Chip cards deem to deter CC fraud.... but only until there is a way around it.
    Russell
    Russell, my experience shows that it is not necessarily the place where you use foreign credit cards that is the problem. The problem I have run across is the clearing house in the DR has the thieves as well. So your information can be hacked outside of the local business at the clearing house data center. I am not sure if the new CHIP based cards eliminate that potential cloning.

Now back to the good things happening on the North Coast.

5. Likes GuillermoRamon liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there's the Los Robles supermarket opening soon on the main road in Sosua. Formerly Supermercado Sosua. A couple of new restaurants, new stuff at Sosua Ocean Village, the ever-expanding area at Casa Linda, a 5-story something going up across from the Goonsvoert Condo/Hotel (sp?), Bailey's expansion, etc.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I wondered what Los Robles was. So it is a Supermarket.. That was tried just down short distance down the road before. Hope they have better luck and a selection of different products that make people want to go there.

8. Likes oriole100, beeza liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank12 View Post
    Rumor has it that Scientology has offered to purchase Blackbeards and use it as an Auditing center to help its members cleanse themselves. Apparently, because of its unique location, Blackbeards represents the Scientology ARC and KRC triangles and is geographically situated at a perfect position for direct communication with the sexual emotions of the Thetan.

Frank

This is absolutely true! I just read it here on the internet.I have heard that Tom Cruise will be coming for the grand opening and that they will offer a free stay for just the price of your total assets.
    Bargain in my case..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tflea View Post
    Well, there's the Los Robles supermarket opening soon on the main road in Sosua. Formerly Supermercado Sosua. A couple of new restaurants, new stuff at Sosua Ocean Village, the ever-expanding area at Casa Linda, a 5-story something going up across from the Goonsvoert Condo/Hotel (sp?), Bailey's expansion, etc.
    Re-branded Ocean Village Deluxe Resort and Spa......Sosua omitted for obvious reasons. It will be nice when they remove that entrance coralina wall to make it safer to exit.

https://oceanvillagedeluxe.com/

You are right. A lot is going on there.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Any estimates on how long it will remain open?
    Seems Thursday was day 1 that "Chaka" opened, Tick Tock...

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=4890&article=1

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuillermoRamon View Post
    Seems Thursday was day 1 that "Chaka" opened, Tick Tock...

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=4890&article=1
    Looks like he brought the same girls with the same uniforms from High Caribbean(?).

Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast