cleanup for boca chica in the works

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They seem to have a DReam. But, and this is a big BUT, not one word about prostitutes in that article.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
They seem to have a DReam. But, and this is a big BUT, not one word about prostitutes in that article.

'as? como enfrentar la masiva presencia de extranjeros ilegales, sobre todo haitianos, que asedian a los turistas.'

If you have visited BC you will understand what this statement infers.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
'as? como enfrentar la masiva presencia de extranjeros ilegales, sobre todo haitianos, que asedian a los turistas.'

If you have visited BC you will understand what this statement infers.

Indeed, I missed that inference and am now informed regarding the UBHH's.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Nothing new in these plans, politicians just put them back on the table once in a while. The malecon may be built, but most likely not. It was also a plan almost 20 years ago.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i've been to BC lately and i don't classify what i saw as prostitutes. more like walking dead....

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Everyone i have ever taken there says how beautifully colored the water is. I think the light turquoise color is more a result of all the kids urinating and crapping. Whenever i have gone in, a red itchy rash comes soon after.
I hope/wish they would clean the area up but you still need to teach locals the importance of not throwing garbage or peeing in the water. Why is it more noticeable here? The reef that was build to reduce/remove waves keeps the water still so no cleaning through natural waves.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Everyone i have ever taken there says how beautifully colored the water is. I think the light turquoise color is more a result of all the kids urinating and crapping. Whenever i have gone in, a red itchy rash comes soon after.
I hope/wish they would clean the area up but you still need to teach locals the importance of not throwing garbage or peeing in the water. Why is it more noticeable here? The reef that was build to reduce/remove waves keeps the water still so no cleaning through natural waves.

That reef is not man made

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Unless they've got a serious dredging operation planned and funded it's just another political promise. Some folks will say anything to get elected.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
That reef is not man made

Ok, man-made, god-made or Frank12-made(aka the anti-christ) either way it smells like pee and gives rashes too many i have spoke too.

Its kinda scary how close some of those restaurants are to the shoreline when tide is in.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Ok, man-made, god-made or Frank12-made(aka the anti-christ) either way it smells like pee and gives rashes too many i have spoke too.

Its kinda scary how close some of those restaurants are to the shoreline when tide is in.

can remember back in the 90s when there were at least 30 meter more beach in some places

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
dredging - yes, the Hamaca did in the very late 90's or early 2000's.
soon after George went through and that dredging caused quite a
bit of the "shifting sand". Then, soon afterward, the port and natural
gas depot dredged again causing more "shifting sand". Actually, there
is a natural flow from the east inlet to the west outlet which tends to
flush the area. Only thing I can recommend is "if you don't care for
the water or the life in Boca Chica go somewhere else".