Where to spend the wedding night in Santo Domingo?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
We will get married in Zona Colonial next month.

The wedding will be in church on a Saturday night. After this we will have the event near the ZC in Gazcue (Villar Hermanos).

This will end at around midnight.

Soo, since we will have our PH full with relatives from different campos sleeping there :D we want to spend our wedding night in a hotel. I never went to a hotel in SD before. We were thinking about the Catalonia or the Embajador or the Nicolas de Ovando. But really appealing is none of them to me. The others like Barcelo, Marriott and Holiday Inn etc. look all so "business like" to me. Nothing where I would say "Wow!". Any suggestions? Also I would prefer the place to be near the ZC or Villar Hermanos. I know Jaragua, Sheraton and Crowne Plaza are nearby. Anything else? Which of the latter would you recommend?

Thanks!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I've stayed at the Holiday Inn for work a few times and I really enjoy it (and it was just in a basic room). The bed is soooo comfy! The room service food is really good too. If not there then I would suggest one of the ocean front hotels and try to get a higher up floor for the view.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Boutique Hotel Palacio
Hotel contact details
Calle Duarte 106
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
+18096824730

https://www.hotel-palacio.com/

In ZC. I stayed for two nights in a suite a little over a year ago. hotels.com often has discounted rates for this hotel if it is of interest to you.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Thank you Dorota! :D

I just booked the Luca Hotel via Gustazos. I hope Gustazos does not clone credit cards :D

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Thank you Dorota! :D
I just booked the Luca Hotel via Gustazos. I hope Gustazos does not clone credit cards :D

me too :) :) :)
i never used them yet because most deals are in SD but a friend for the capital uses it and he's been happy so far.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
We will get married in Zona Colonial next month.

The wedding will be in church on a Saturday night. After this we will have the event near the ZC in Gazcue (Villar Hermanos).

This will end at around midnight.

Soo, since we will have our PH full with relatives from different campos sleeping there :D we want to spend our wedding night in a hotel. I never went to a hotel in SD before. We were thinking about the Catalonia or the Embajador or the Nicolas de Ovando. But really appealing is none of them to me. The others like Barcelo, Marriott and Holiday Inn etc. look all so "business like" to me. Nothing where I would say "Wow!". Any suggestions? Also I would prefer the place to be near the ZC or Villar Hermanos. I know Jaragua, Sheraton and Crowne Plaza are nearby. Anything else? Which of the latter would you recommend?

Thanks!

I'd suggest spending it in bed together!
Der Fish

latitude19

May 29, 2011
I have stayed at the Nicolas de Ovando a few times. To me, it would be the perfect place to stay. Romantic. There are some rooms that are more modern than others. The best rooms, IMO, are the rooms that feature larger parts of the old architecture. They are more expensive, but it is your wedding. I don't know if it would be possible for you to tour a few rooms beforehand, but if so, that is probably what to do.