starting from the 1st of august migracion will handle applications online

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there are three articles reporting this:
http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...to-las-solicitudes-en-migracion-seran-via-web
and:
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/07/19/migracion-anuncia-que-solicitud-documentos-sera-por-internet
and:
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...cios-de-residencia-y-otros-permisos-LD4401269

it seems like residency applications will be handled that was as well and will only require one visit to migracion office.
good news is that there will be several machines installed in different parts of the country (mainly airports) where the documents requested can be printed out.

i gotta renew my residency this year, looks like it's gonna be lots of fun.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Arrived back in Santo Domingo Sunday night. Was watching it on the news here
earlier today. Curious as to how this will help stream line the process?. It will probably
double the amount of time it takes because you will still be dealing with immigration
people at the end of the day.

Feb 7, 2007
I am very curious how the residency renewals will work. It still says you have to send physical documents to migraci?n and then wait for good go. So residency renewal is same right now, you bring physical documents and then you pay the fee and then they take your photo and give you your new carnet. So this I see will be one more step in between that will delay the whole process.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Will be waiting on news from Guzman on this. As I have had my residency since 1994 will see how this affects me, as the previous changes did not change the way I had to renew.

Jan 17, 2009
It was chaotic yesterday at Immigration as the number system wasn't working. People were wondering how they're going to handle online requests if they can barely handle the requests in person. I have high hopes for this though. When we asked (we were there at the time of the announcement), an immigration employee mentioned only a system for 'permiso de menores'; nothing regarding residency. We'll see. I have high hopes for this though, and will try in August to see if it is possible to check the status of my application to change status from temporary to permanent with the file number they gave me.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

Not surprisingly clicking on the link was not of great interest.

Had you doe so, what will be of interest to many residents, I suspect, will be the timing to obtain the new residency cards indicated with embedded chip. Will we all have to get the new cards within a defined period of time or can we wait for renewal?

The fact that you can present documentation at regional DGM offices might also interest some.

In relation to the new proposed residency card with chip embedded, that reminds me of a post by PICHARDO stating that a new cedula would be introduced soon with embedded chip. Maybe he was right and that can be expected sooner rather than later.

Jan 17, 2009
Sounds promising. I'll be trying to check online the status of my application. Finger crossed. I would love nothing more than not having to go to SDQ unless it is to pick my up new card !

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The answer is on the notice last paragraph, last sentence !

Since Spanish is not my native language, I am no clearer from your reply as to the precise meaning of 'en la medida que venzan' and as such remain wondering the 'hows and whens' of the new card issue to existing residents.

Perhaps someone could share a clear translation since a dictionary or web translation offers little clarity.

Jan 17, 2009
What that notice says is that when your current residency card expires, it'll be replaced by the new type of residency card. That's all. Nothing you need to do. (btw Spanish is my native language)

Since Spanish is not my native language, I am no clearer from your reply as to the precise meaning of 'en la medida que venzan' and as such remain wondering the 'hows and whens' of the new card issue to existing residents.

Perhaps someone could share a clear translation since a dictionary or web translation offers little clarity.