RIP Pantyman

Many of you may know The Pantyman (Jose) who sold Panties in Sosua, PP etc. He was found at noon today hanging from a bedsheet in his apartment in PP. They are investigating if it was indeed suicide.
He was the first openly gay person I met here and such a nice, sweet guy.

May you RIP Pantyman.

If anyone knows if there are funeral arrangements, please post it or PM me I would like to go.

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
I can't recall how many times he had me in hysterics on the beach over the years........RIP Panty Man.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Wow, That is very Sad. That guy would not hurt a fly.... Rip in peace Pantyman..

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Wow, so sad, Jose was such a nice guy, always with a warm hola and a smile.

R.I.P

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
YUP....really, really sad. I want to say this, he always seemed cheerful and well centered.

To bad.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Many of you may know The Pantyman (Jose) who sold Panties in Sosua, PP etc. He was found at noon today hanging from a bedsheet in his apartment in PP. They are investigating if it was indeed suicide.
He was the first openly gay person I met here and such a nice, sweet guy.

May you RIP Pantyman.

If anyone knows if there are funeral arrangements, please post it or PM me I would like to go.

WOW,
What a tragedy.
Jose was a friend of mine.
R.I.P.

Dicrim officers in the company of the ministry of public officials are looking for three guys in relation to the death of the named Jose Batista Figueroa aka mouth chula, who in the middle of today Saturday was found hanged in the interior of your apartment in the sector of support olivares This city of Puerto Plata.
The authorities have the belief that the homosexual Batista Figueroa was hanged for one of the three subjects which I visited with a lot of frecuencia.@hugogomezguzman

I just copied this off of someone's FB page.
Absolutely devastated that someone would do this to this wonderful soul.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I will not open these websites. I want to remember him as he was....a happy, friendly sweetheart of a guy.

Sosua has lost a piece of its soul imo.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Always a smile and something to talk about. Sosua and the world has lost a great person who would never cause anyone harm. RIP Jose

shunch

Nov 21, 2012
Such a funny friendly man. Always sure to make you laugh.
What a shame. He will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i did not know the man but i see he was a friend to many. i will try to keep a lookout on more info, if available, regarding any arrests in this case.
i hope the killer/s are found.

rest in peace.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
RIP, he was always around Sosua on the beach or in the street, selling a few panties if he could, always very friendly with everyone and never hassled people....

I hope they find the culprit(s).

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
What a shame.
Such a nice guy, always friendly and joking.
Didn't push his wares if you were not interested.
It can't have been easy being so openly gay in RD although most Dominicans just seemed to laugh.
I did see him sometimes, mostly late at night sitting alone in the street looking kind of sad and depressed.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
He was always smiling, never pushy and any time I had a girl with me on the beach they would gab on line family. What a shame.