car stereo question???

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I am a bit confused as to what thy are doing over here.
I am understand a car having 4 or 6 speakers and a sub all of which need various watt amps to power them.
Nice even sound through out the car.
It looks to me what thy are doing over here is just getting a very big amp 1500 2000 watt and powering what looks like at least
One or more home tipe speakers.
Anyone know if this is what is happening?
If so what about all the other factory speakers in the car?
Do thy just forget about them, thy must blow if not powered when thy crank the volume?

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
normally a cheapand quick way to get that Bass is to simple add an amp and speaker through an aux out of the car stereo. So hard wire that amp to the batteries, with a fuse, aux out from the car stereo to a seperate amp, plug up that sub woofer and there you go.
Factory speakers play normal, as designed, but with the added bass speaker. That speaker can be a simple home speakers, but home speakers now-a-days are of the DJ variety.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are some very elaborate installations made with custom fiberglass cabinets to hold the largest possible array of 4 way speaker systems (subs/lows mids/upper mids and tweeters) backed by thousands of watts of power where the sound system is worth more than the car with almost as much sound pressure possible as at an early WHO concert.

Priorities.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Winde I think you are understanding what I am talking about. I am trying to understand what thy are doing in the DR. In the usa we put all the speakers highs
Mids and bass in the car with difrent amps. Thy seam to have this all in one box and I one big amp 2000 watt. Thy also at times take this speaker out of the
Car and put it on the roof of the car. I have even seen 15 boxes on the roof jjjjjaaa.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Winde I think you are understanding what I am talking about. I am trying to understand what thy are doing in the DR. In the usa we put all the speakers highs
Mids and bass in the car with difrent amps. Thy seam to have this all in one box and I one big amp 2000 watt. Thy also at times take this speaker out of the
Car and put it on the roof of the car. I have even seen 15 boxes on the roof jjjjjaaa.

Yes, it is especially wonderful when you go to the beach and four or five of these jack asses have their moved to the roof systems going at the same time.

As for biamping/triamping/quad amping I think that is based upon their budget and what they were talked into by the guy at the Autoadornos.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Just talked with the people from crutchfield. I dought if there is anyone over therr that can install coreactly. In the box thy bild there has no
Crosovers. do thy know how to match omes and rms? So I well blow a good amp fast because thy don't even know how to set it up.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Normally they turn it up until it starts to distort - And then they leave it there.

Someone who actually would knows how to set the proper load for a given amp and its power to speaker impedance and power handling would be rare here.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
It bothers my heart when they drive by. I can't imagine what it's doing to the people inside the car.

Attended a bachata band performance in a bar on the outskirts of Luperon two years ago. We were sitting by the side of the stage. My ears hurt and I could feel the base pulsing through my body. I pitied the people sitting in front of the stage and the massive speakers. Tried plugging tissue paper in my ears to reduce the noise. It helped but not a lot. Left with a splitting headache, and a hoarse throat from trying to talk while the band was playing. The band was excellent. Just couldn't enjoy them because of the loudness.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Attended a bachata band performance in a bar on the outskirts of Luperon two years ago. We were sitting by the side of the stage. My ears hurt and I could feel the base pulsing through my body. I pitied the people sitting in front of the stage and the massive speakers. Tried plugging tissue paper in my ears to reduce the noise. It helped but not a lot. Left with a splitting headache, and a hoarse throat from trying to talk while the band was playing. The band was excellent. Just couldn't enjoy them because of the loudness.

It seems like they were on the quieter end of the normal Dominican sound levels that night.

tamarindero

Jul 20, 2016
I am a bit confused as to what thy are doing over here.
I am understand a car having 4 or 6 speakers and a sub all of which need various watt amps to power them.
Nice even sound through out the car.
It looks to me what thy are doing over here is just getting a very big amp 1500 2000 watt and powering what looks like at least
One or more home tipe speakers.
Anyone know if this is what is happening?
If so what about all the other factory speakers in the car?
Do thy just forget about them, thy must blow if not powered when thy crank the volume?

The speakers that you say look like home speakers are MID RANGE SPEAKERS.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Impressive

It's because some men think the more noise they produce with their speakers or motorcycle,
the bigger their member appears to be.