Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: another nightclub closed in santiago

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    The DR, like Thailand, if you had not noticed, has an international reputation for prostitutes. The DR government does not like this reputation. That is why the DR government, the Attorney General Brito and other agencies, is trying to minimize this reputation.
    You may have noticed certain activities in Santo Domingo and Sosua as well with the same thrust of trying to remove prostitution from public view.
    I was in the capitol for about a week. I drove on the Malecon a couple of nights from the east side out to Nunez and counted about 30 or so girls waiting for clients in plain view. I remember years ago they chased them past Lincoln but now they start once again right after Gomez.

2. Likes Bronxboy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    trying to remove prostitution from public view.
    I'm am all for that.

Keep it behind closed doors not like a Hunt's Point.

Moderator DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    I'm am all for that.

Keep it behind closed doors not like a Hunt's Point.

And this will be accomplished in Sosua by systematically closing down every Venue which kept it Indoors ?

5. Likes drstock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I think them closing down a few more bars is just that, closing down a few more
    bars/ clubs. If they were serious about getting rid of prostitution in this country,
    they would start with the education sector. I think they are serious about cleaning
    up the DR´s sex tourist reputation but nothing more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    And this will be accomplished in Sosua by systematically closing down every Venue which kept it Indoors ?
    I would not know about that. When I was there that one time, it was all over for all to see.

I am all for keeping it indoors. I have been to SD and Santiago and have seen it in the streets a bit but not like Sosua.

Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    I think them closing down a few more bars is just that, closing down a few more
    bars/ clubs. If they were serious about getting rid of prostitution in this country,
    they would start with the education sector. I think they are serious about cleaning
    up the DR´s sex tourist reputation but nothing more.
    Bingo. It is all about cleaning up the sex tourist reputation.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I must be missing something here; "isn't prostitution legal in the DR"?
    If the powers-to-be wish to curtail the business I would think a law should first
    be passed that makes prostitution a criminal offense.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    If the powers-to-be wish to curtail the business I would think a law should first
    The issue in play right now it appears is 'the sexual exploitation of women'. Either pimping them or having them on your premises to attract punters in, knowing they are selling sex, appears to be the target of the authorities.

Now ladies exploiting desperate men (including those waiting all along the Malecon) is by all accounts perfectly legal?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    Yes, its LEGAL, and yet people even here are posting that the Johns should be arrested ( and in the DR being arrested, usually includes a HEFTY Shakedown and Extortion).
    Not to mention Massive Attorney Fees.... which of course the Corrupt Cops and Lawyers would Split up..

Then you get back home you may find out you have lost your JOB, and are probably going to be Labeled a Sexual Predator in your Community.

Yes, that should solve it.. and improve Tourism.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

An extract from the piece in today's DR1 News: " Reportedly, 32 women were rescued from sexual exploitation." Rescued? Don't make me laugh!

13. Likes jd426 liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast