another nightclub closed in santiago

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What next? Close clubs or limit hours in Sosua to reduce prostitution? Ban suspected hookers from the beach in Cabarete?

But wait, they are already doing that.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Close all bars in the country for fear a single girl may walk in and excite a fat old gringo. Manufacture and force all local women under 35 to wear chastity belts.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I wait for the time when they ban cabanas renting by the hour, then I believe they are serious .... !

I mentioned stopping single men tourists entering at the airport, but next idea is stopping hotels allowing guests, that would really put a damper on proceedings - though many hotels in other parts of the world are like that (condo rates will shut up proper then !?).

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Close all bars in the country for fear a single girl may walk in and excite a fat old gringo. Manufacture and force all local women under 35 to wear chastity belts.

The DR seems to LOVE Copying the USA..... right now going from one extreme to the other , without any thought given to consequences seems to be " the thing "..

Ban Whores, Ban all Guns... and all the problems will just magically go away..

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
The DR seems to LOVE Copying the USA..... right now going from one extreme to the other , without any thought given to consequences seems to be " the thing "..

Ban Whores, Ban all Guns... and all the problems will just magically go away..

Actually, yes, if the problem is expats and sex tourists. Nobody wants to end up like Cuba Dave, and a few choice arrests and closings will generally get the point across.

Can't really be mad at the locals. If I had a bordello operating in my neighborhood that drew in some fairly nasty types (particularly those most likely to meet Chris Hansen, and those who think it's ok to film naked women on the street because they can), I'd have a problem with it, too.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the oldest profession in THE WORLD and a third world country wants to shut it down ? observing the happenings in the DR is better than watching the DNC and RNC conventions.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It's not shut it down.. It's taming it!!! It got out of the of hand because of yahooooos..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
the oldest profession in THE WORLD and a third world country wants to shut it down ? observing the happenings in the DR is better than watching the DNC and RNC conventions.

The DR, like Thailand, if you had not noticed, has an international reputation for prostitutes. The DR government does not like this reputation. That is why the DR government, the Attorney General Brito and other agencies, is trying to minimize this reputation.
You may have noticed certain activities in Santo Domingo and Sosua as well with the same thrust of trying to remove prostitution from public view.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
why not follow the example of Costa Rica (my new favorite place). prostitution is legal but it's reserved for certain places like bars and hotels. everybody's happy. street walkers are immediately arrested.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
why not follow the example of Costa Rica (my new favorite place). prostitution is legal but it's reserved for certain places like bars and hotels. everybody's happy. street walkers are immediately arrested.

That would make too much sense, and as you can see from the prev responses The Jimmy Swaggarts of Sosua , they prefer the Govt target the Girls and even arrest the Johns ( who are committing NO crime btw ,under current law)
than for the govt to focus on their REAL Problems like Corruption, Major Narcotics trafficking , Cold Blooded Murder of Innocent Expats in their own homes, Gun Point Armed Robbery, and other Very Violent Crimes.. because that would take actual EFFORT.
Declaring Sosua a Free and clear of Prostitutes Zone ( a victimless crime) seems to somehow make them " Feel" better, and as we all know FEELINGS are a Lot more Important than Actual Accomplishments and Improvements..