requirements for wedding

toronto_lady

Aug 1, 2016
can i get my birth certificate translated into spanish in dominican? or i have to do it in canada before i go to dominican?
also same with the proof that i am single.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
can i get my birth certificate translated into spanish in dominican? or i have to do it in canada before i go to dominican?
You can have your birth certificate translated and get the declaration of single status both done at the Dominican Consulate closest to you. They will also send your birth certificate to be apostilled. It is much easier to do it this way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2014
Dont marry that guy. FOA, you cant even say the name of the country correctly which means you dont know enough about it or him to make this decision prudently.

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
Ask your spouse to check with the courthouse where u want to get married what they require! This can vary a lot and i believe there were changes tecently where the documents have to be translated

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Dont marry that guy. FOA, you cant even say the name of the country correctly which means you dont know enough about it or him to make this decision prudently.

Not saying this is the case but people do have destination weddings sometimes. As in 2 non Dominicans...

Domingo646

Jul 31, 2016

The Dominican Consulate in Toronto has all the necessary information you need on one page.
This page includes a free sample of the declaration of single status.

My advice is to get all the necessary documents as prepared as possible before you walk on to the plane.

http://dominicanconsulate.ca/d-r-marriage-requirements/

toronto_lady

Aug 1, 2016
LOL i know its Dominican Republic duh. It is just easier to say dominican. and you dont tell me what to do . and i know about him more than you think.
you are so rediculous wow jajaj please mind your own business thank you :)

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
LOL i know its Dominican Republic duh. It is just easier to say dominican. and you dont tell me what to do . and i know about him more than you think.

Worry not, we have even seen people here tell us that they lived in the Canadian! Not the Canadian Tundra, nor the Canadian Woods, just the Canadian. I am from the American myself
Der Fish

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

Please ignore the negatives and focus on the people that have given you a helpful answer. If we all minded our own business there would be help at all. :)

Check the link you were given above in post 6 it has everything you need. Good luck

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
how can i check if i need it apostiled? because i was born outside of canada

Post # 6 is clear on this. You need to get your birth certificate apostilled in your country of birth.
and if that country is not part of the agreement the procedure is detailed:

Important Note: If you are getting married at/by the local Civil Registry Office not at a destination weddings resort and you were born outside of Canada and your country of birth is part of the Apostille Convention your Birth Certificate must be Apostille at the country’s foreign affairs office or if your country of birth is not part of the Apostille Convention but has a Dominican Republic Consulate the Birth Certificate must be legalized at that Consulate or if there is no Dominican Republic Consulate within that country, then you may certify it at the country’s Embassy or Consulate here in Canada then legalize it at our office.

You will need an apostilled and translated birth certificate for future legal procedures assuming you plan to reside in DR.

Would presume the same applies if you are divorced and that you would need to get the Decree Absolute translated and apostilled in the country of that divorce.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
i dont have a wedding planner. I am not marrying in a resort . I am marrying him in his city

On the basis of post#6 you need a translated and Apostilled birth certificate. Think about it. Your birth certificate is your most important personal document identifying you as a named identifiable person with a place and time of birth and the authorities here need to be able to read it and check it's authenticity which the Apostille does.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
http://um.dk/en/travel-and-residenc...-the-apostille-convention/apostille-countries

List of Apostille countries. If you were born in any of those listed you need to get your birth certificate Apostilled there, otherwise:

.....or if your country of birth is not part of the Apostille Convention but has a Dominican Republic Consulate the Birth Certificate must be legalized at that Consulate or if there is no Dominican Republic Consulate within that country, then you may certify it at the country’s Embassy or Consulate here in Canada then legalize it at our office.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
i dont have a wedding planner. I am not marrying in a resort . I am marrying him in his city

The Dominican consulate in Toronto says, Important Note: If you are getting married at/by the local Civil Registry Office not at a destination weddings resort and you were born outside of Canada and your country of birth is part of the Apostille Convention your Birth Certificate must be Apostille at the country?s foreign affairs office or if your country of birth is not part of the Apostille Convention but has a Dominican Republic Consulate the Birth Certificate must be legalized at that Consulate or if there is no Dominican Republic Consulate within that country, then you may certify it at the country?s Embassy or Consulate here in Canada then legalize it at our office.

http://dominicanconsulate.ca/d-r-marriage-requirements/

E-mail: infodominicanconsulate@gmail.com